• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

woodgrain dash overlays or stickers

d9103365

Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
On my 77 'Doba, the wood grain is peeling off of the simulated woodgrain on the passenger side of the dash..and also on the door panels. This stuff looks like it was just a sticker. Does anyone sell matching stickers/appliques for these dashes?

3M has made a product called Di Noc for many years. I did a quick search and they still make it. I used to use it many years ago on older cars with wood grained dashes. Just Google 'di noc' and you'll find what you need, I think.

i sanded my wood grain off and used a SEM satin black spray can to get a nice clean look for the lower dash. I've got a carbon fiber look vinyl overlay on the rest done by a crafty fellow in FL.

Di Noc is it!

After doing some research I determined that Di-Noc is definitely the way to go...in fact, I think this may be what our dashes were originally covered with. The faux woodgrain material is really nothing more than a sticker like material. So, I found a company (which appears to be the only one) that sells this stuff, and ordered some samples. I found a sample which is a perfect match. Trouble is, the stuff is pretty expensive and is sold in 4 foot by 5 foot sheets...way more than I need to cover my small panels. If I buy some, would anyone here be interested in buying a slice from me?

Auto Transport Service
Back