• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Woodward Dream Cruise 2018

64SF

Local time
7:40 AM
Reaction score
I'll be in the Detroit area during this time....any suggestions/tips on which day-location to watch and are there any particular areas where MOPARs gather for display? Thanks.

Hi! Pretty much any day during the week leading up to Saturday is good for cruising and/or hanging out watching. 13 Mile Road and Woodward is sort of the "main action" (and most spectator populated) area for good viewing. The Moparts guys generally meet up at the Donut Cutter on Wednesday afternoon/early evening if you want to hang with fellow Mopar enthusiasts. (I should be there with my 69 Road Runner...) Since the big parking lot at 13 and Woodward where Mopar (used to) display everything is gone and now under construction, I'm not sure there's a central location with a Mopar focus for Saturday. RoadKill Nights sponsored by Dodge is a bit further north on Woodward in Pontiac if you want to take in some drag racing action during the week. Hope you enjoy the visit! Safe travels...

Hi! Pretty much any day during the week leading up to Saturday is good for cruising and/or hanging out watching. 13 Mile Road and Woodward is sort of the "main action" (and most spectator populated) area for good viewing. The Moparts guys generally meet up at the Donut Cutter on Wednesday afternoon/early evening if you want to hang with fellow Mopar enthusiasts. (I should be there with my 69 Road Runner...) Since the big parking lot at 13 and Woodward where Mopar (used to) display everything is gone and now under construction, I'm not sure there's a central location with a Mopar focus for Saturday. RoadKill Nights sponsored by Dodge is a bit further north on Woodward in Pontiac if you want to take in some drag racing action during the week. Hope you enjoy the visit! Safe travels...
there will be a handful of mopars Saturday at the golden basket across from the big art van store 13 1/2 mile and14 mile rd

We don't do Woodward anymore. We head up to Flint for Back To The Bricks. Great event with about 10,000+ classic cars. Don't have to sit in traffic on Woodward and watch all the daily drivers while all the cool cars are parked.

We don't do Woodward anymore. We head up to Flint for Back To The Bricks. Great event with about 10,000+ classic cars. Don't have to sit in traffic on Woodward and watch all the daily drivers while all the cool cars are parked.

Is this going on during the same dates?

Thanks for the reply...I'm originally from Taylor and will be with my brother in law....he's a car guy but more into the GM brand.

Is this going on during the same dates?

Thanks for the reply...I'm originally from Taylor and will be with my brother in law....he's a car guy but more into the GM brand.

Yes. Back To The Bricks is on the same day. A lot of guys started going there a few years ago and that's how I found out about it. Downtown Flint is closed off to all vehicle traffic and they line up the cars on Saginaw Street and the side streets that cross Saginaw. I have always told people, you have to go to check it out. Its an awesome show. Check out their website www.backtothebricks.org
We just got tired of Woodward due to the extremely slow traffic and the amount of daily drivers that go out on Woodward. We have done BTB's for the past 7 years. There are every kind of classics you can think of. There are Model A's and T's on one street, Hurst cars on another street, there are even classics with their campers hooked up on a street. Another street has nothing but Hearsts and these guys are a blast as to what they have done with these cars. There are 2 streets that split just past the river and there are probably 500 Corvetts on each street. A lot of Canadian cars show up also. :thumbsup:I could go on and on but you have to see for yourself. Hope you check it out.:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back