• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Woodward Dream Cruise

We will be there in a rental as our Daughter lives in Royal Oak.

I will, it's about a 20 minute drive from my house.

I'll be there every night of the week (weather permitting)--but WILL NOT take the car--too many crazies and people who simply don't know how to behave around classic cars. Two years back I took the car--had a nice gent rub his hand over the fender while he told me how nice the paint was. I just waited until he left, took some spray detailer out of the trunk and wiped his prints off the paint--THEY SIMPLY DON'T KNOW! Same year, my friend returned to his 70 Plum Crazy Challenger R/T to find an eastern Indian FAMILY sitting in his car--kids in the back seat, husband and wife in front saying how nice the car was. Nope, I'll leave the car home this year.

Yeah, we're going in my dads Fox Body, pretty sure we'll be sticking around the car though.

I'll be there every night of the week (weather permitting)--but WILL NOT take the car--too many crazies and people who simply don't know how to behave around classic cars. Two years back I took the car--had a nice gent rub his hand over the fender while he told me how nice the paint was. I just waited until he left, took some spray detailer out of the trunk and wiped his prints off the paint--THEY SIMPLY DON'T KNOW! Same year, my friend returned to his 70 Plum Crazy Challenger R/T to find an eastern Indian FAMILY sitting in his car--kids in the back seat, husband and wife in front saying how nice the car was. Nope, I'll leave the car home this year.

Maybe they thought they'd just wandered into a very large, very bitchin' used car lot. ;-) Be careful out there, Detroit is hurting for money and isn't exactly well-known for it's far sighted fiscal policies. I can just picture the city "leaders" slashing the throat of that golden egg laying goose by hammering out-of-towners for minor infractions (noise, burnouts, etc) in an attempt to raise revenue, or as politicians call it..."free money".

All I can say to the police force is, good luck. Lets see them try and ticket 40,000 cars haha

The first two years were the best..we were there till 1am drag racing ,burnouts....even had the cops doing burnouts...we had the bus driver lady trying to roast them....I still remember my buddies 67 dart smoking the tires till they popped then a cop helping up get his car to the parking lot...its been all down hill as far as that kind of fun!!! someplace my buddy or me have some of that stuff on 8mm tape. Have fun!!

Leading up to the cruise is always the best time. The actual woodward cruise is to walk the opposite direction the cars are going because its just a slow crawl. Still good times though. You see just about everything there.

I will be heading out there tonight. I heard through the grapevine that some mopar guys are meeting at the donut cutter. I hope to see some of your rides out there.

I will be heading out there tonight. I heard through the grapevine that some mopar guys are meeting at the donut cutter. I hope to see some of your rides out there.

I know where the donut cutter is, hope to see you there tonight.

I flew in today..Staying in Troy MI Summerset Inn.. I don't know anyone here LOL.. Shoot me a text and introduce yourself?

Is anyone at this hotel?

Four Four 3 - 496-o7o1

I found the donut cutter... Catch you Friday evening Matt.. Have you happened to see that 70 Blue Dodge Daytona? That thing sounds wicked.. I saw him 2x today. Once near the bug Mopar lot and then another time just cruising... Sweet ride.

10 Miles of moving classic cars in all 3 lanes of each side of Woodward Ave, 10 miles of Non moving classic cars parked and lined up and down Woodward Ave and 10 miles of folding chairs with all walks of life. I counted at least 10 stages, 6 bands and 12 car shows.
And that was on Friday LOL..

Auto Transport Service
Back