• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would a 66 Satellite console and shifter fit?

Jesse

Local time
11:45 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know if a 66 Satellite console and shifter the same as a 68 Coronet? They look the same in pics. Any info would help, Thanks!

Yes....it will fit and function fine. In '70, the shifter was curved different

Thanks guys! I've got a bench seat in my Coronet and plan on putting in buckets with console, Is it complicated to install the automatic floor shifter?

Thanks guys! I've got a bench seat in my Coronet and plan on putting in buckets with console, Is it complicated to install the automatic floor shifter?

Not really as long as you know where to position everything.

Don't forget that you will need reinforcement plates welded into the floor for the mounting points for the bucket seats.

...and the console mounting brackets that are under the console.

the 66 console is different than a 68... it will work and everything just fine but the 66 console is a two piece shell - there the rear piece was different (the charger used a different one) so you'll have a seam but no big deal.

Auto Transport Service
Back