• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

would a stock rubber trans mount live in a 10 sec car?

2quick

Local time
3:14 AM
Reaction score
Just got my trans in and I'm on the fence about what trans mount to get. I want a stock rubber mount to cut vibration and I'm running rubber mounts on the engine with a beefy custom torque strap. Has anyone actually broken a rubber mount that wasn't just old?

30 years ago I stuck with the rubber trans mount, but steel motor mounts in my '65 Coronet drag car. My '66 Satellite came with rubber motor mounts w/Mancini torque strap & stock rubber trans mount. The drivers side motor mount came out in 2 pieces even with the torque strap. I put in steel motor mounts & a poly trans mount. Limited street use though with the Satellite. We'll see if it works.

Ran stock mounts ,engine, tranny with torque strap , I also drilled through the motor mounts at put a 5/16" flat head bolt/ nylock through the mount to keep the rubber from separating from the mount .that was before the torque strap.street car I made my own strap but mancini sells a real nice one. Item #: SCHTQBE $82.00
mancini-racing-torque-strap-19.gif
Top-003.jpg
IMG_6814.JPG
44-Picture 500-001.JPG
10.00's all day long

I run a QA1 cross member so I need to fab my own torque strap but maybe the 5/16 flat heads through the stock mount isn’t a bad idea either.

50yrs on my rubber mount(haven’t chk’d for many yrs); but then I’ve got Moroso steel mounts up front.

On my 10.15 second Coronet I run Moroso Steel Motor Mounts and a stock rubber trans mount. No problems.
I also have a transbrake and launch at 3800rpm with a 1.40 60'.

Pat Gaines RacingScreenShot.png

On my 10.15 second Coronet I run Moroso Steel Motor Mounts and a stock rubber trans mount. No problems.
I also have a transbrake and launch at 3800rpm with a 1.40 60'.

View attachment 604133
SEE-whatever Mike says. I was only in the 11’s. Gotta love those steel mounts!!

I would say no if you have rubber engine mounts, but others know better

Lots of good stuff here. Think a Mancini replacement trans mount will work from what I see, Going to get on order. Thanks

Front motor plate and a stock Chevy S10 mount at 9.0, 500 passes so far.
Doug

I run a QA1 cross member so I need to fab my own torque strap but maybe the 5/16 flat heads through the stock mount isn’t a bad idea either.

I have the QA1 cradle as well and I'd be very interested to see what you come up with!

I got a hunk of 1/2" stainless steel round stock, two 3/8" heim joints, drilled / tapped, picked up a 4 bolt clevis mount and drilled and tapped the the ledge of the frame rail 1/4-20" to attach it. worked great.good luck
Picture 391-004.JPG
L067320000.jpg

Solid mount on the driver's side and stock stuff on the rest. Ran 10.60's with that set up....

Ran a motor plate and stock trans mount just like Mike G in a 71 Dodge demon 10.10 leaving with no problems

QA1 k-frame with Schumacher torque strap. I used some angle iron and welded to the k-frame, drilled the holes and bingo, all done.

7C960CB6-8213-4537-94BD-B713E4D0071B.jpeg F24FB669-68DE-446C-8CE8-374DDADF8C25.jpeg 4FD4B381-04AF-4849-9385-74B8A68A3FE1.jpeg 2D23CD9E-079B-477F-B1B5-C489D1AB2123.jpeg

I run a steel eng mount on the drivers side with stock pass mount and stock trans mount. I did break one stock trans mount before but that was when I had a stock eng mount on the drivers side with a tie down chain. I guess it had a little movement with the chain when I used a stock eng mount on the drivers side. Its been fine with the steel mount on the eng drivers side and all other mounts stock. Its a 99% street car that I race a very little. Ron

412924390.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back