• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you do it again .....Marriage

44070dart

Local time
1:15 AM
Reaction score
the other day there was a posting that asked if you would go back to your youthful days if you could ..and it made me think of other things that people may want to do or redo or not do....so seeing as the divorce rate in America is slightly over 50 percent I was wondering this miserable wintry day if you would do it again...now I know many of us have children so I want you to take that out of the mix..( I would marry anybody/thing to keep my daughter mine ) if your wife sometime peeks over your shoulder while on the computer or visits the site please don't comment ..I don't want to start anything .. just a bored guy on a wintry day wondering .....:thinker:

hell to the no. i learned my lesson the hard way

i should add there is a reason my 70 bee isnt my avatar...

hell no. i learned my lessons from others. i have never, nor will i get married. if a girl wants to be with me, she must understand this, or bye, bye Betty.

I would go back to my 18th birthday, get a vasectomy and then enlist as a career military man......

I got married in my early 20's after dating 3 yrs divorced a few yrs later. We got back together and almost got married again, but didn't. Then she moved away. Fast forward maybe 1/2 doz yrs. had arrangments made to get married to someone else, she got prego so we put it off. Whew that was close, when my son was 3 she threw me out (thank you, thank you) the son spent all the time i wasn't working with me, at 14 he just stayed. Now at 19 we both avoid his mother as much as we can. In the mean time i have became good friends with the first wife (and her husband) again (she is a whole different person than she was in her early 20's) If she wasn't married we'd be living together again, me now mid 50's and her around 50 Her husband is sick and if/when he passes if i'm still around we will probably get together. She told me as she was aging (growing up) she knew someday that we'd be sitting in our rocking chairs together. Soooooo like sands through an hourglass....

Hard to believe it myself, but I've been married to the same woman for the last 40+ years. Had mostly good times with a few rough patches (don't we all?) but would I do it all over again? DAMN RIGHT I would. I've actually been pretty lucky my whole life.

I'm with wife number 3 and she will be the last one. I would keep my kids that I have unless I can get a good price for them (just kidding). Wish I never married the first 2 but that's the way life is. Should I ever find myself single, I'm going to breakout the bellbottom jeans and the open cut V shirt and party like it's 1999.

i wouldn't trade anything for my two youngins. but i sure wouldn't have married the first wife. shoulda married the one that got away when i had the chance! and i prolly would have kept my 74 runner, as now it's gone and i have a firebird in her place.

This is a tuff question. I have been married to the same woman for 37 years. This is not for everyone. We raised 4 children, not easy. If you are lucky enough to meet the right person great. If you do not that is ok too. I just wish more people would not get married and wind up miserable, divorced and making lawyers rich. I waited many years to restore my coronet. Kids, house , family and personal illness all got in the way.

I used to tell 'younger' people to take some psychology in school or at least educate themselves so they could at least 'see' some of the signs to stay away from but I kinda think even that isn't enough lol. Another good thing to look at is her mom. Chances are, the girl friend will grow to be just like her! I've seen it too many times. I got married twice and my second ended up being the girl friend that I had before I married my first wife. I've been married to the girl friend since 86 but it hasn't been easy. Fighting the X's etc hasn't been fun not to mention all the money that was wasted. Kids are grown and gone now and I retired nearly 7 years ago and well, I'm doing pretty much what I want to do but to answer the question, I'll stay single if I ever end up that way again....unless I meet someone with NO baggage and has lots of money! :D

Hard to believe it myself, but I've been married to the same woman for the last 40+ years. Had mostly good times with a few rough patches (don't we all?) but would I do it all over again? DAMN RIGHT I would. I've actually been pretty lucky my whole life.

Right with ya Smitty, would not have it any other way.

We were married in 1967...

To the same woman yes I would marry. We have 26 wonderful years not smooth ones but good ones. If something was to happen to her I would not remarry.

No. Like you said take the kids out of the equation. They are the the only good to come out of my marriage. Just now filing, well couple weeks hopefully. Will have been married 23 years this year (October). We have 2 kids 6 and 9. I wish we would have had them sooner. Things would probably have turned out differently but it's all water under the bridge. Now I can't wait to get the hell away from her and get my own place and get me some. I have a friend I've known of and on for 20 years, she's married and we aren't "like that" but she knows my situation and I asked her one day it came up about all her divorced or getting divorced friends. I asks her for a couple names and she gave me no less than 24 possible prospects. Light at the end of the tunnel that is divorce

Right with ya Smitty, would not have it any other way.

We were married in 1967...

We've been married since 1967 ourselves. I kid my wife and tell her that we're dinosaurs, that nobody stays married this long anymore.

If you do it right, you only get married once and it is the best life decision you ever made. Going to be 35 years this year.

Auto Transport Service
Back