• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you spend the money?

skyman51

Local time
9:04 AM
Reaction score
My 67 Hemi GTX is an extremely original car. Everything on the exterior is original except the fender mounted turn signals and the tail light lenses and bezels. They are repro. I have found both NOS still in the Mopar boxes, but they are a lot of money. $450 for the turn signals and $1500 for the lenses and bezels. Since the car is so original, would replacing the repro items be a smart move or does not matter? Thanks

Ouch! Seems like a lot of money. I would keep looking but the longer than you wait the rarer they become and today's bad deal might be tomorrow's steal. Please post a picture of the car.

Apparently it bothers you....how much?

Buye...., stickem in the closet...save them for later...

My 67 Hemi GTX is an extremely original car. Everything on the exterior is original except the fender mounted turn signals and the tail light lenses and bezels. They are repro. I have found both NOS still in the Mopar boxes, but they are a lot of money. $450 for the turn signals and $1500 for the lenses and bezels. Since the car is so original, would replacing the repro items be a smart move or does not matter? Thanks

At that kind of dough, they aren't going anywhere quick. You're in PA, so go to Carlisle in 2 weeks and see what you an find.

I'd by them if YOU want them, but then again my wife says I'm a dumbass :D when it comes to my car. Good luck

:thumbsup:why not look what you spent on that car what's a little more to better it .

I'll ask a question to answer the question... Do you intend to show it in a way that those parts will hurt it's scoring? If your not concerned about some judging and it looks great already then enjoy it as is. Like R.C. said if you really want OE parts just keep your eyes peeled at the swap meats for a better score.

I don't know about the lenses and bezels, but I have a pair of NOS fender bullits that I bought a few years back and contrary to what you may think they are not flawless. For $450 they damn well better be, but just because they are NOS Chrysler, don't bet on it.

I'm in the camp that says that's too much coin to lay out for what your getting. Does it mean that much to you to have the car "perfect"? I wouldn't do it - but then again my car is not that original, original.

Even if it was I doubt I would buy them.

if that's the last thing your car needs to be 100% complete and original, i'd do it.

99.9% of people looking at your car would never notice. If you want to throw money away, give to a charity.

it bothers you some or you wouldn't of posted it up.
go for it
its only money
you could piss it away easy with nothing to show for it...

Different angle...
At almost $2k, you're in the neighborhood of picking up another project car.
Just sayin'...

IMG_1818.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back