• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wow I finally grew up or out.

Charles Cook

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:24 PM
Reaction score
Found a T shirt that I will never fit in again.
03D00AEE-E958-44A1-97AF-636C461EE1CA.jpeg

Keto! If your health allows it. I lost 50lbs in 7 months. Now my clothes don't fit because they are too big. No exercise just slashed sugars and carbs.

of my old 49 Ford, with a Blown Inj. Milodon Mastodon Hemi
from when it was at the old Oakland Roadster Show, 'Big Daddy' Ed Roth
& his signature/autograph

he even added it to his line of tees

barely see it (autograph) at the bottom

Budnicks 49 Ford Pro-Gas Ed Roth Personalized & autographed Tee shirt.JPG

Budnicks 49 Ford Business Coupe Pro-Gas #4.jpg

Back in the late 70's, I went to a race at OCIR [Orange County intl raceway]. It go cold and all I was wearing was a tee shirt. I broke down and bought a lined OCIR jacket to get warm. I still have it in pristine condition with no stains on it as I hardly wore it after that. Over the years the damn thing shrank even after being in a closet. I'm positive it shrank even though I expanded.:rofl:

Since the great mystery lockdowns - lack of exercise - actually ate less - I’ve gained 20lbs - And I gotta tell you - I don’t like the new look or feel. I’be always weighed around 200 at 6’ tall. People I tell about the weight gain say ”you’re tall and carry it well”. Well I’m not buying that nice polite BS either. It shows, and needs to be gone. A recently failed cartilege surgery has also exacerbated the issue. But one way or another 20 lbs is going. I’ve never needed to diet and don’t really want to start now - but I’ll take any free advice anyone has to give.

Since the great mystery lockdowns - lack of exercise - actually ate less - I’ve gained 20lbs - And I gotta tell you - I don’t like the new look or feel. I’be always weighed around 200 at 6’ tall. People I tell about the weight gain say ”you’re tall and carry it well”. Well I’m not buying that nice polite BS either. It shows, and needs to be gone. A recently failed cartilege surgery has also exacerbated the issue. But one way or another 20 lbs is going. I’ve never needed to diet and don’t really want to start now - but I’ll take any free advice anyone has to give.
How regularly do you eat and how large are your portions? I used to eat nothing but one large meal a day, usually dinner.
I'm no expert but a recent diabetes diagnosis gave me the push that carrying around the extra weight never did on its own.

Maybe not a solution for you but this is working for me:
5:00am breakfast
9:00am snack
1:00pm lunch
4:00pm snack
7:00pm dinner
9:00pm (tiny) snack, if awake
I won't bore you with the details but you need to pay attention to amounts of carbs, fats and proteins. I only know of it because I enlisted the services of a dietician.

The only thing I cut out (almost) completely was ice cream. I definitely watch the sugars but that's about it, moderation is key.
I lost 30 lbs in two - three months. When I started drinking large amounts of water and taking a walk after both lunch and dinner I shed 20 more.
Now I am so friggin' sexy at 6'4" - 210lbs I can barely stand myself! My neighbors really like it too ..... when it snows or its time to rake leaves!
It was a bit difficult to get started but once in the groove it has become easy, the increased feeling of wellness feeds on itself.
Once it became my routine, the crappy way I feel when I overindulge is motivation enough to keep me on track.

PS. another nugget they dropped on me was the possibility of needing a stent due to an abnormality in a vessel leading to my aorta. It turned out to be less than first thought and the stent was not required but the initial news was enough to get me off the ciggies for just about three years now. That has helped make the above life changes possible as well.

Good Luck!

I figured with the rising cost of gas and food, I’ll be walking more and eating less. So I should be back in that shirt in no time. Lol

How regularly do you eat and how large are your portions? I used to eat nothing but one large meal a day, usually dinner.
I'm no expert but a recent diabetes diagnosis gave me the push that carrying around the extra weight never did on its own.

Maybe not a solution for you but this is working for me:
5:00am breakfast
9:00am snack
1:00pm lunch
4:00pm snack
7:00pm dinner
9:00pm (tiny) snack, if awake
I won't bore you with the details but you need to pay attention to amounts of carbs, fats and proteins. I only know of it because I enlisted the services of a dietician.

The only thing I cut out (almost) completely was ice cream. I definitely watch the sugars but that's about it, moderation is key.
I lost 30 lbs in two - three months. When I started drinking large amounts of water and taking a walk after both lunch and dinner I shed 20 more.
Now I am so friggin' sexy at 6'4" - 210lbs I can barely stand myself! My neighbors really like it too ..... when it snows or its time to rake leaves!
It was a bit difficult to get started but once in the groove it has become easy, the increased feeling of wellness feeds on itself.
Once it became my routine, the crappy way I feel when I overindulge is motivation enough to keep me on track.

PS. another nugget they dropped on me was the possibility of needing a stent due to an abnormality in a vessel leading to my aorta. It turned out to be less than first thought and the stent was not required but the initial news was enough to get me off the ciggies for just about three years now. That has helped make the above life changes possible as well.

Good Luck!
If you were nothing else - You’re the Man! I’m impressed. I really don’t eat much at all. Any meal is always a small portion of whatever. For bk I have a 30g protein - 1G sugar protein shake and two small Aussie bites - which are a little cake kind of thing with nothing but nutrition stuck together - but maybe a bit too much sugar. Another small meal at around 2-3pm then nothing until around 10pm (maybe my curse - but I like to eat late) Again a very small portion of whatever. A snack for me is a bowl of grapes enjoyed with a compliment of Cheezits Early eve. That’s it pretty much every day. I believe I still consume too much sugar somehow by proxie. Very little fat - probably a lot of carbs in the small meals. The only thing I drink is water and lots of it because I like it. Nothing else save the protein shake.

Biggest curse has been the drop off in exercise these last two years. And the knee has made that worse - however No reason I cant do the elliptical and the recumbent bike in the gym. Those two don’t hurt my hurt knee. But my inconsistency has been atrocious.

I don’t think I can follow all of your lead - but I certainly can a lot of it. I need to drop as much sugar and carbs as I can and exercise more diligently. Then bid adieu to 20 lbs. I’m happy at 195-200.

I bet all the neighborhood chicks have the new you pic on their refrigerator doors. Thx so much for the advice and the time to lay it out for me. Again - You the Man!

I bet all the neighborhood chicks have the new you pic on their refrigerator doors.
That's a nice visual but somehow I doubt it's accurate, maybe in my dreams!
I guess the point of my diatribe was you (I) have to pay attention to what goes into the furnace. I'm going on 58 and can't keep doing what I was doing at even 50, a situation not unique to me. Sugars and sweets are my downfall and avoiding them are my toughest challenge.
Stay well!

edit: you definitely need to eat, small portions in the right combos throughout the day. This will keep your blood sugar more stable which is the situation required by your body for metabolic efficiency.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back