• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WOW - Vintage 1940's NEON Porcelain Mopar Lighted Sign Original

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
12:24 PM
Reaction score
Vintage 1940's NEON Porcelain Mopar Lighted Sign Original

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-194...Original-VERY-NICE-NEED-TO-LOOK-/301762580159

HERE YOU ARE BUYING A RARE PIECE OF HISTORY. IT HUNG OUTSIDE A CHRYSLER/MOPAR PARTS WHOLESALER (MOTOR PARTS CENTRAL) FROM 1946 UNTIL REMOVED IN 1999. AT THAT TIME ALL THE NEON WAS REPLACED AS WELL AS THE BRACKETS/ELECTRICAL ETC ON THE BACK OF THE SIGN. NOTHING WAS TOUCHED ON THE FRONT FACE. ALL THE PORCELAIN IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION WITH ONLY A VERY FEW CHIPS THAT DO NOT DETRACT FROM THE BEAUTY OF THE SIGN AT ALL. THIS SIGN IS DATED BACK TO THE '40'S AND IS ALL ORIGINAL AND IS 50 FEET IN LENGTH! THIS IS IN FANTASTIC CONDITION AND LIKE I SAID IS ALL ORIGINAL !!! SHIPPING ON THIS WOULD BE TRUCK FREIGHT. iT WILL BE CRATED UP AND SHIPPED IN APPROXIMATELY QTY 5, 10'-11' CUSTOM BUILT BOXES. THIS WAS MOVED BY A PROFESSIONAL SIGN COMPANY (AVERY SIGN COMPANY) IN SIOUX CITY, IOWA FROM THE ORIGINAL LOCATION (WWW.615WATERSTREET.COM) TO OUR SHOWROOM WHERE IT HAS PROVIDED NIGHT LIGHT FOR THE PAST 16 YEARS. PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE.

Wowsa!!!
man,200k yeah but dammm,
where would you Ever score another one of those??
awesome sign,thanks for sharing.

RC this is for you now that your "garage" is complete...the pièce de résistance!!!!

That sign has been for sale for a long time.....

Cool sign but not 200k cool

It's one of those things that make you think "that's cool", then "where the Hell could I put it?"

Another crackhead smoking the chiba!

Even Mopar signs are more expensive than the rest. I just thought it applied to parts! haha

Really cool sign though.

It's only about 150 miles from me. But 200k, I think I would rather have a nice garage with an a couple of veRT Coronets.

Very cool though, maybe Leno will buy it

2K, maybe.....from me.
Hell it says $5,000 just to ship it,
from Iowa, to out here, it'd be even way more

it's 50' long too, shipped in 5) different 10'-11' custom boxes

------------------------------------------------------------

IMO it's very cool sign, I'd love to have it,
don't know where I'd put it, my shop isn't that long,
maybe on the back deck under the eves...
Probably cost $20+ every-time you turn it on :),
built in the 40's {?}
old style ballasts, nob & tube, cloth coated wiring {?}

but to me it's not $200,000 cool
it'll be hard pressed to ever get anywhere near that price,
even from someone that's bucks up...

I could buy several cool & finished cars for that...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I agree with 69a100, another crack head thinking its worth 200K. That's why it has been for sale for years in fact. BUT ALSO, when you own something you can ask whatever you want for it right, hoping someone with more money than God will be stupid enough to buy it? Just an opinion!

Auto Transport Service
Back