• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Year Breaks in Parts Catalogs

65RoadRacer

Local time
10:57 AM
Reaction score
Being a 1965 B-Body car owner, it's often frustrating finding that parts houses usually skip the 62-65 crowd and start at 1966. Then I see something like this and I'm just shaking my head at how things are split up sometimes.

This is from a website that specializes in Interiors, and not mechanical. Why is the 65 not listed with the 62-64?

upload_2018-5-12_0-47-1.png

Last edited:
because either they don't really know or there is no oversight

...and to be truthful most of the 66/67 stuff is only because it also works on 68-70

very very little offered for 66/67 specific

The issue is that some vendors / manufactures have an issue understanding the transition of the C-Body designation from the B-Body terminology. For example, a 64 Sport Fury is a B-Body, yet in 65; the Sport Fury is a C-Body.

There is very little overlap between the two body styles in 65 yet, some people are still listing them as 62-65 B-Body. The same issue arises with the 62 Darts as a B-Body vs. the A-Body designation. Hopefully the buyers will self educate themselves to prevent the issues. As the issues are discovered, just forward the issues to the vendors as many of them do not have all of the answers. I know that we are always trying to keep current, but there is no way to be knowledgeable on every single body style and year model from say 62 though say 76. It is tough enough to be diverse on say just the 68 to 70 B-Bodies.

And for those who think that the 62 to 65 B-Bodies are overlooked, there is probably 300% more for those applications over the 66-67 B-Bodies. As stated, some mechanical pieces overlap with the 66 to 70 market, but not as much as one would think.

Auto Transport Service
Back