• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Year One - 10+ weeks for delivery of wiring harness...

short stack

Local time
10:53 AM
Reaction score
I just wanted to post a heads up to anyone that may be thinking of ordering wiring harness from year one. I took the advice of my fellow FBBO members and ordered an M & H wiring harness through year one. It has been 10+ weeks since my order and still no harness, and no anticipated delivery date. I have called and talked to my salesman and he got all snotty with me.

Here are some of the excuses I received on the phone:

"I have 50 more just like yours on back order, what makes you think you are so special?"

"We sell lots of these harnesses cause we are so big"

"You expect us to stock all the harnesses we have in the catalog? You obviously dont understand how many lines of vehicles mopar made and all the different harnesses there are"

"You just have to wait like everybody else"

"M & H cant handle all the business we are giving them since we are such a high volume seller"

"No, I will not give you a delivery date"

Im just a little shop and we only order $75,000 - $100,000 in parts per year from a variety of different online vendors. But no more of them will be from Year One.

If you are considering ordering anything from Year One that is not in stock and ready for immediate shipment, you may want to consider a different vendor.

short stack

I will NOT deal with any Biz that has 'tude like that. If I'm not mistaken, Year One is just a reseller and does no manufacturing:icon_silent:
Are you looking to have a trailer OEM queen or a cruzer??:blob1:

You think that's bad ....I had to wait 2 years for my wheel opening moldings from Year One. When they did eventually turn up, they had sent the wrong ones. When confronted with that piece of news, they said keep them, and they promptly sent the correct set free of charge. Air Freight to New Zealand!

You think that's bad ....I had to wait 2 years for my wheel opening moldings from Year One. When they did eventually turn up, they had sent the wrong ones. When confronted with that piece of news, they said keep them, and they promptly sent the correct set free of charge. Air Freight to New Zealand!
HUMMM AND ALONG I THOUGHT THE REASON THEY WERE SO HIGH PRICED WAS TO PAY FOR THEIR ADVERTISING BUDGET! NOW I SEE ITS BECUSE THEY SCREW UP AND GIVE A TON OF PARTS AWAY LOL !!:headbang:

I have been waiting for a headlamp door relay for 7 months

Don't know if anything changed recently, but the last time I ordered a harness from YO a couple years ago, it arrived promptly & perfect. Curious, did they inform you of the backorder immediately ? Were these responses in the same call by the same person, or different people at different times ? Either way, I would've alerted someone higher regarding the person or people responsible.

..and I was just getting ready to order an engine harness for my 65 Belvedere wagon from Year One....what should I do now?? The current harness has so many splices and bad places in it I need probably need a fire truck to follow me down the road!

Blackheart - Mine may have been a one time experience. Use your own judgement. I just posted this to let others know how I was treated. YMMV. I would order from Lectric Limited but they dont do Mopar stuff. I guess I will order from Classic. They get about $20,000 of my money each year but I was looking to expand my supplier list and I had heard good things about the M & H Harnesses so I figured I would give them a try. Too bad they dont sell direct, Im guessing yearone has their hands tied to only sell through them. Anybody else have direct knowledge of ordering from Evans? Their website is pretty lame, but thats not always an indication of their product.

thanks for listening

short stack

Evans will do in a pinch. But you have to be very careful and inspect their products very closely due to QC and fitment issues. With Evans it can be kind of a hit or miss as to what you will get. The make it right policy is OK but it will put you farther back when it comes to your time frame for a project. They will also build a new one from your old one but that is also kind of iffy if they happen to have a wire from a previous cobble of the old built into the new. What ever you do though don't use the Pain in The *** offerings...DAMHIK

I refuse to do business with Year One after I got screwed on a return .

Mine was about two months from order to delivery. I accept that they can't always have every harness in stock and didn't need it anywhere near right away. But, I would have been happier if they'd indicated when I ordered that it would take a while before delivery.

IIRC Classic sells the same harness Y1 sells. I waited for a year for a road runner horn from Y1(but they charged my card the day i ordered) before i cancelled it.

IIRC Classic sells the same harness Y1 sells. I waited for a year for a road runner horn from Y1(but they charged my card the day i ordered) before i cancelled it.

Yeah, my card got hammered for the full $800 I ordered.

short stack

When you get the horn make sure it works there was a lot of bad ones out there a while ago . I would make my one wire harnesses if all the wire didn't cost so much up front to do it if you have the originals its not that hard to duplicate ,

ordered some stuff for my Pontiac...some years ago.... also had to wait weeks and weeks... then they shipped one part after the other.... ( I live in Germany ..can you imagine the shipping costs ?? ) .The funny thing is, that they more or less don´t stock the parts they offer.... If you are ordering.... you pay on first.. and then they order the parts in other stores....or so...
I will never order more stuff there...

Greetings Juergen

Year one used to be great ,I still use them sometimes when they send me 30% off coupons and I'm in no hurry ,I've ordered a dash harness and eng harness before and got them with in a week 71-74 charger ,I've usually order the interior from them but since the dropped legendary I haven't ordered any till yesterday(30% off ) so we will see what it looks like and they have sent wrong parts before and I was told to keep them and they sent to correct stuff free of charge I sold the wrong stuff for more then I paid for it so works for me ill let you guys know how my next order gos with them. It's pui stuff I've used them before 3 times on mopars I've never had a problem on a 79 trans am they were horable so we will see

Classic Industries has the same OEM type harnesses, try them. I'm not 100% positive if they are M&H but they are basically just the same as theirs.

my car was basically put back together with year one parts. I have the folder of receipts. I was shocked on the back order notices. That was enough for me.

Classic Industries has the same OEM type harnesses, try them. I'm not 100% positive if they are M&H but they are basically just the same as theirs.

I bought two different harnesses from Classic, just last month. Both have M&H labels on 'em.

Unfortunately it looks like Classic Industries is out of stock of many of the harnesses as well (at least the ones I need).

Auto Transport Service
Back