• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

YearOne harness quality?

hammond472

Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score
We are in need of a 67 coronet under dash harness and an engine/forward light harness for our build. Year one sells them for $700. before tax and shipping. How close are they to OEM and is it a quality product? I looked at the painless kit and was not impressed with the quality. (cheap connecters and a lot of splices) Who else makes them and who makes the best. My car is a needy @#$*% and it pisses me off! Maby I'll punish her by ripping her big block heart out and replace it with a tbi Chevy crate engine. I think I'm starting to loose it...

I've done business with Year One since the 80's... got a few harnesses over the years, always good product. I have one in my current car. If you do, see if the discount applies, they're always sending me the discount code.

Discount usually doesn't apply however its worth a shot. As for quality? Top notch! The harness is done by M&H. Have their stuff in my build throughout.

The M&H harness' from Year One are the best out there in my opinion. Like stated previously, wait for a 30% off sale. There are a couple every year that include them. 4th of July and Fathers day do for sure.

That price is with the discount. Changes my budget. Looks like Carlisle is cancled for me this year.

Got my YO engine-forward years ago. No problems. Don't remember the cost. Other stuff I got from them was not as good. Door handles, outside mirror etc pitted. Questionable clips. The wiring harness was ok.

I just ordered a dash harness for my 67 yesterday. It was discounted from $561.00 to $533.00 then with the 4th of July 30% discount took it down to $411.00 shipped. Should be here in a couple days. I have their engine harness and it plugged right in. Not one problem since except I had a voltage regulator go bad and melted the wires from the alt to the amp guage.

Good Products

I've used YO harnesses on my last few builds. As stated above, no problems. Just be careful when it comes to the dash harness if you have an AC car. Some smaller "sub" harnesses for things like the heater motor blower resistor, and some accessory feed candelabras are not always included. Never throw away any old wiring until you have completed your car.

Sometimes these smaller harnesses are available separately.

I've used YO harnesses on my last few builds. As stated above, no problems. Just be careful when it comes to the dash harness if you have an AC car. Some smaller "sub" harnesses for things like the heater motor blower resistor, and some accessory feed candelabras are not always included. Never throw away any old wiring until you have completed your car.

Sometimes these smaller harnesses are available separately.

I also ordered the AC wiring harness also. I don't have the compressor but its easier than taking the AC/heater box out for me.

I was very impressed with the quality of the engine wiring harness for my 66 I got from yearone. I don't buy from yearone very often but it's the only way to get a harness from M&H. I got the upgraded electronic regulater and electronic ignition prewired.

I bought all the wiring harnesses from Year One for my 70 Road Runner. At this point, I have replaced all except the dash harness (forward light, engine, rear lights).

Yes, they are expensive, but so far their fit and function have been perfect. All the connectors work/fit as original, correct wire colors, etc.

It is a very good product, I've used them over the years as well and personally it is easier then the painless wiring harness, I put in my 70.

Mike

I have a Year One harness in my '72, got it with the discount, no problems at all. It's a good quality product.

Got both harnesses. Just finished the install. Plug and play. Great quality.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 236
As stated above, pricey but top quality. I have used their offerings on my 66 Plymouth Satellite project. Excellent quality....

Drove it to a couple cruises today, over a hundred miles. Everything works. Except the trunk light. I can do without it for now.

Got both harnesses. Just finished the install. Plug and play. Great quality.

Looking at the photo I see an inline crimp (blue) - I have had mixed results with those in the past. They can 'rattle' open over time. Having said that, Year One do sell nice looms - I have used their Engine and Forward light harness on my cars. I chose to replace the rear light harness with my own work - you can't tell the difference. It's all about colours or cable, correct factory style tape, and the use of concealed modern heat-shrink tubing.

That blue inline crimp is mine. I tapped into the clock light wire for my oil pressure, engine and trans temp gauges.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 227
Auto Transport Service
Back