• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yearone Quality

dodge68charger

Local time
7:21 PM
Reaction score
Just wonderind if the quality of yearone parts is better than most of the other companys out there. On their site a Dash bezel kit for a 68 charger is $700, on be&a's site its $450. Is the quality that much better. Thanks

Better, I am not sure however; While I was deployed I was rebuilding a GTO. During my deployment I purchased and had a lot of parts shipped back home. When I finally returned and started putting things together, I found many parts I did not need. -- Also, during this time I purchased parts from multiple other vendors. Well, those parts I did not need, when it came to working with YearOne, there was not one problem. As for all the other slackers, anything over 90 days, they would not return or I would have to pay a restocking fee and only get store credit. So in my book YearOne is my vendor. They always have 10 and 20 percent discounts, I learned to order during these sales, a little more and never a hassle .

Year One is a part distributor, not a manufacturer. A lot of parts they sell can also be found at other vendor's. Myself I typically do not use them because of their higher prices and outrageous shipping charges. Flip side, I've always been pleased with their customer service.

Year one is only as good as their sales days they are usually 15-20% higher then anyone else. I use penstar reproductions on the smaller items they are great and save a ton.

Year One is a part distributor, not a manufacturer. A lot of parts they sell can also be found at other vendor's. Myself I typically do not use them because of their higher prices and outrageous shipping charges. Flip side, I've always been pleased with their customer service.

Yep. One stop shopping. But convenance has a price. Shipping??? Customer bought a 4' piece of trim that would have fit in a 2" tube. They shipping it in a 8x8x60 box for around 45.00

Good to deal with but a little more expensive than others on some parts.On sheet metal they have different vendors.I bought a full front floorpan for the Bee,it was advertised for $545 but when I called it was only $400.Then after my discount it was $355.When I asked about the price differance the salesman said to always call to check their price on sheetmetal before ordring.It was an AMD part & coated.However my 4 piece trunkpan was from a different vendor, the price was same as catalog & was bare metal.Plus I use their discounts which about equall out to getting free shipping on most parts.So far I havent had any issues with quality or sales dept.

I am dealing with Year one right now, and yes, for the most part they have good service, plus they have 20 to 30 percent discounts when you order online with special sales codes when they are available.

Overall, their interior lower door panels could be better, but there is only one place that makes them(Accu-Form), so whether its Year One or Legendary, you get parts from the same manufacturer. Seat covers and insullation seems pretty good from REM or PUI. Legendary is better at matching seams and having stronger seams, but you will pay a higher price. Legendary does restore upper door panels, which is nice. I got a dash pad from Year One, its not very good, fiberglass core with stretched vinyl over foam, so its not as sharp as the original, so i am going to pay a premium and have Just-Dashes restore my original.

Sheet metal from AMD i find to be good and fit is also good.

Yearone gasket and seal kits i.e., paint kits and firewall kits are not complete, so I found Detroit Muscle Technologies that make complete kits for firewall, heater box restore, and paint kits and you can buy as a kit or individually. Pretty good place for a husband and wife team, if you cant find it, you can send it to them and they make most stuff. They also do a good job with firewall and kicker section insulation and shoddy pads for under your dash.

Year One is good on their wiring harnesses, they seem to be spot on, but that is because there is only one company that makes these and they are licensed by YearOne because Year One owns the rights from Chrysler on the harnesses.

Hope this information helps someone!

I bought a lot of parts from them and no issues with anything, they are good to deal with and sending things back if not needed or wrong choice is no problem, They told me after i had my stripes here that i could exchange them (another color) or get my money back. There customer service is excellent or was with me, I even got a free catalog from them because the first things i ordered was over the phone and i wanted one and just politely told them i was not paying them 15 dollars (pretty sure that was price) for a catalog to buy nearly a 1,000 bucks in parts and he said "how about me sending you one?" with a laugh.. I highly recommend them but these guys arent telling fables, there expensive and the shipping was unreal for lack of a better word!

I only buy from them when they offer the occasional 30% savings to put their prices in line with other vendors. The no hassle return policy is excellent, and I've been pissed off at some of the other guys that charged me restocking fees on parts returned within 30 days.

FYI I doubt that bezel kit is any different than what BE&A has as my understanding is these are all coming from China.

One 74 Charger tail light lens.

New on eBay: $250.
New at Year One: $500.

'nuff said.

I started using them back in the 80's when their catalog was a about 35 xeroxed pages stapled together. Expensive, but has always come thru.

Funny story on shipping, while in Germany, I bought a set of wheel moldings for my charger, but they wouldn't ship to an APO. I figured, oh well, I will give them my German address. Big mistake, got a call from "Flying Tigers", and long story short, had to drive 2 hrs to Frankfurt and pay more in shipping than the parts cost.

Picture trying to explain to customs what the hell was in the box, and why I shouldn't have to pay import fees, LOL... :argue:

the only thing i would use year one for is a m&h harness off of one of thier sales.
besides that, other places carry the same exact stuff for alot less..

Auto Transport Service
Back