• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another brake question...

guy gadbois

Local time
8:48 AM
Reaction score
OK.... Ive looked in this thread and done a bit of internet research, and cant seem to find the answer to my query - guess my question is weird. Imagine that...
Anyway...Eventually, I imagine I'll end up going to discs, but right now, I am thinking of adding 'power' to my 4 wheel drums. Obviously I'll need a booster and the firewall plate [and a vacuum source], but what else? Do i need to change the master? Pedals are ok I imagine, but what about the actuating rod? Anybody else done this? How stupid is it? :)
[oh, btw - car is a 67 Belvedere]

Try leed brakes they maybe able to assist you I put a post up and can't seem to get a reply either I have a 64 sport fury I replaced the tapered axles as well as the housing to a later year with 11 inch drums not sure what wheel cylinders will fit my 64.By the way I believe no ? is a silly ?

Try leed brakes they maybe able to assist you I put a post up and can't seem to get a reply either I have a 64 sport fury I replaced the tapered axles as well as the housing to a later year with 11 inch drums not sure what wheel cylinders will fit my 64.By the way I believe no ? is a silly ?
Thanks for your reply. A nice member told me to purchase w/cyls for a 68 coronet went to autozone to get them put them on so far they work Thanks Again Nick.

Auto Transport Service
Back