• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another Power Booster question

4shizzy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:14 PM
Reaction score
Ok. I've searched on here and haven't found much specific info on brake feel comparison and fitment. Here is my situation, I have a 73 Charger SE with original front disc/drum. I'm doing a resto mod with a 5.7 hemi swap with Magnum Force suspension set up. I'll be running Wilwood 4 piston disc brake setup and OEM drum in the rear for now. Eventually I'll convert to all wheel disc brakes. Since the OEM Bendix single diaphragm is hard to find beside rebuilding mine, I'm looking at after market alternatives. If going with aftermarket, I'm thinking of going MP Brakes 8" Power Booster and M/C combo.
bendix.JPG
mpbrake.JPG

Most of the threads are going from manual to power disc. I haven't found a thread talking about switching from Bendix single 11" diaphragm to dual 8" diaphragm set up. I don't want to change the braking characteristics too much where it's too sensitive or the other way of being to stiff.

Has anyone done this??? If so, have you experience difference in braking performance? If you did switch, what company did you go with and how was the install? Any mods to the firewall or linkage?

I did talk with LEED Brakes and they told me there is modification required to the firewall and the brackets will stick out from the firewall engine bay side. I really don't like that idea. He also mentioned that I'll need to run a smaller 1" bore master cyl to create more PSI for the Wilwood disc brakes.

thanks for the help.

Auto Transport Service
Back