• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another stupid carpet question..

BeepBeepRR

Local time
7:15 PM
Reaction score
I bought some carpet from Trim-parts.. But Since the car didn't have carpet from the time we got it.. I need to know where the back part of the front carpet starts.. Rear console bracket to carpet measurement would be awesome. I saw another thread where the guy had his console out and was installing a 4 speed. His carpet looked like it started around 8 inches in front of the rear console bracket. Any help would be appreciated..

I've had to play that by ear depending on carpet sets (ac, trimparts) there is usually a generous overlap. What I use as a consant and to guide me is the rear floorboard wall and the jute backing. Once I have that where it's supposed to be side to side and front to rear, then the front of it falls where it may.

I have the back part in.. But on the picture that guy had posted His gas pedal appeared to be in the upper corner of the rubber foot rest area.. As in actually IN the corner..

3c963bf0514544e0009699a35aa9a4c8.jpg 2012-10-06181420.jpg

If your carpet is premolded, you don't have much choice. Under the pedals, the carpet turns up onto the firewall. I made sure my corner was flush under the pedal and the 4 speed hump was flush. Everything seemed to line up from there.

carpet12.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back