• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another wheel/tire size question (front) - 69 Satellite

Ponch ®

Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score
Hi - newb here.

I've been searching through old threads about wheel/tire size (in fact, that's what helped me settle on my rear wheel/tire combo) but can't seem to find consistent info on front wheel / tire fitment.

I am currently running 275/60/15's on the rear, on a 15x8 wheel w/ 4" backspacing. I bought the rears first b/c I got a good deal on the tires. Now I'm ready to buy wheels tires for front. Obviously I want to get the same wheels, but 15x7's are only offered with 3.5" or less backspacing.

Can I run those without any clearance problems? What's the biggest/widest tire I'd be able to fit?

What about if i also get 15x8's for the front? backspacing? tire size?

All suggestions are appreciated...

I'd like to keep a similar stance and that "fill the wheel well" look...

527803_10200401030299885_871597170_n.jpg

biggest that will fit is a 275 wide tire biggest rim you can fit is 20 x 9

for a 8" rim i would not run less than 4.5 - 5" BS. and no more than 6" if you go less you can use spacers if aaBS is not available.

i know 235/60/15s will fit with 15x7 and 3.5 backspace.the 15x8s start to get a bit close in a few spots.ride hight can effect this alot.my last 68 charger was close to your stance with that set up.

biggest that will fit is a 275 wide tire biggest rim you can fit is 20 x 9

for a 8" rim i would not run less than 4.5 - 5" BS. and no more than 6" if you go less you can use spacers if aaBS is not available.
Hello, i was told i could fit a 10 inch rim with a 4.5 backspacing and a 275/40/20 ...it that true?

Auto Transport Service
Back