• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You can say Merry Christmas to me

Paul_G

Local time
9:52 AM
Reaction score
I am go out of my way to say Merry Christmas during this time of year, not Happy Holidays. I have been doing that for a few years now. For a time it was frowned upon as Bill explains below, I subscribe to his news service. Many may feel uneasy about saying Merry Christmas not wanting to offend non believers. But what about offending me since I am a believer? So lets push back a little and celebrate Christmas for what it is, the day Christ Jesus was born, I say Merry Christmas.

The following quote is from Bill Oreilly,

"You may remember some years back there were attacks on Christmas by secular-progressives that went like this: “we don’t believe in Jesus and don’t want to see him and his parents displayed on public property. And we may sue if that happens. In addition, we don’t even want to hear the words ‘Merry Christmas,’ so don’t be saying them in places of business. Like stores where people buy Christmas presents. We’ll have none of that!”

Incredibly, some bosses actually ordered employees not to say “Merry Christmas.” It would be “Happy Holidays” or else."

upload_2021-12-24_7-57-21.jpeg

Never actually heard anyone offended by Merry Cristmas?

Merry Christmas

I tend to not comply to any social pressures of the recent decade that are designed to protect snowflakes.
When this PC crap started on this “Happy Holiday’s” vs Merry Christmas, I got a big ole grin and quadrupled my MERRY CHRISTMAS! wish’s to everyone I see at this time of year.

So, Merry Christmas to all the people and their families on this wonderful site.
Bill

Merry Christmas! I decided recently I would not 'hide' my beliefs and not 'offend' people. Well, that's just crazy. As you mention, what about my beliefs? I am a person too and I have a right to say Merry Christmas. So I have been saying it more when I am out and about. Why not? It shouldn't be weird to say Merry Christmas. I encourage everyone to follow whatever belief they wish to. Okay, off my soapbox...back to my Mopar. :)

Merry Christmas! I decided recently I would not 'hide' my beliefs and not 'offend' people. Well, that's just crazy. As you mention, what about my beliefs? I am a person too and I have a right to say Merry Christmas. So I have been saying it more when I am out and about. Why not? It shouldn't be weird to say Merry Christmas. I encourage everyone to follow whatever belief they wish to. Okay, off my soapbox...back to my Mopar. :)
I was about to reply with a very similar message.
Merry Christmas one and all. God bless

Auto Transport Service
Back