• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You guys want to join me for a beer? Im buyin'

3sloppydogs

Local time
9:58 AM
Reaction score
a group of friends, two of my sons and myself are headed to Guinness open gate brewery today. It is a really cool place and the beer selection is wonderful. They have the whole spectrum. The brewery is listed as being in Baltimore but its actually in the St Denis/Relay area that us older guys know about.
It is located on the site of the old Calvert distillery. Calvert was a good local whiskey.
Join me, I'll buy
I will post some pix later

No doubt, and thanks for the invite! Great people on here, that's what I love about this site!

Relay was the first stop on the first railroad ever built in the US.

I believe they changed engines there, hence the name.

I'd like a 7.5% "Special Export" on draft, please.

I’m down for ditching work, but I’d have to run home and park the company truck first. They’re on me to get done by month end, so I’ll have to take a rain check.

I'll hold you to the rain check
Yup not many people know why its called Relay
There was a big hotel just down the track before the Thomas Viaduct also, I think if I remember correctly there is a marker there now.
I use to run those streets when I was a younger man

You can also ride "the first mile" of rail laid in the US, from Baltimore's B&O museum.

:luvplace:
:thankyou: for the invite too

Beer How to order a BEER.jpg

sounds like fun
too bad it wasn't 2800+ miles closer

:drinks:
I do like micro-brews
bocks pilsners ales stouts
but;
I rarely even ever drink now, I'd be a cheap date :poke:
(have an alcoholic dad, that's living with me, I don't like to drink in front of him, so I don't)
my go-to Beer below, or a Boston Lager on a hot summer day
or a KiltLifter with a nice steak
Beer Samuel Adams Cream Stout - Chocolate based.png

Last edited:
My favorite "major label" brew.

Auto Transport Service
Back