• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You meet the nicest people when you drive a Dodge

Dakar Timm

Local time
2:26 PM
Reaction score
When we brought the Coronet home from my father in laws ,it was late December . We just wanted the car home ,clean and safe .
We found a huge pile of receipts for the motor . High lift long duration cam , high rise intake ,Holley 650 carb ,stainless headers .Well you get the idea . I've been running errands and took it to work a few times in the last two weeks or so.
I expected quite a bit more from the motor from all the work that had been done . It starts ,idles and accelerates just fine . The problem was that I had nothing to compare it to .
There is an independent auto repair shop in our town that has been very honest and reasonable in the past.
I stopped in and asked if they had anyone on staff who still worked on carbureted stuff .
Brian came out and I gave him the keys . We took 10 mile ride out of town where he opened it up ,respectfully .
Once we returned ,he opened the hood and pointed out several parts of the throttle linkage that would improve response ,activate the secondaries and suggested lighter springs in the vacuum advance . He and his boss ,the owner didn't want any money . Just bring it to their next car show . There are still decent people in the world . I think I 'll be dropping off a gift card for some pizzas on the way home today

That's great to hear! I like to think that car enthusiasts are decent people regardless of what brand they prefer. Hell, I have friends with Fords and Chevys that I enjoy hanging out with. 440'

Yes there are still decent folks willing to just help out.
Good on you for the pizza idea.
This reminds me of this place.
Ton of car folks always willing to help each other out.

Thanks for the feel good story...BUT...

:xscuseless:
F2A3B780-AEBA-40E3-A74B-E9B6A777BBCE.jpeg

I am digging those valve covers!!
Thank you for the kind words . My original thought was to replace the originals with faded and chipped orange paint with something modern and sleek . In the interest in keeping with my late father in laws taste of being low key ,my wife and I decided on going this route . My wife picked out the colors and the graphics . I am fortunate to have an excellant guy who does great powdercoating ,with fast turn around at a reasonable . As an added plus ,I drive past his shop going home from work'

Pizza, beer, dessert! What more do you need besides old cars? Lol

Auto Transport Service
Back