• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You Tell Me!

Beautiful car. That engine is just a carefully assembled street-hemi. RO/WO cars were built for stock eliminator....and NHRA stuck them in S/S.

Thank you for the compliments. This car really deserves to be shown and enjoyed by a true Mopar fan. Two photos that are incorrect have been changed. The air cleaner has the correct decal and the 66 wood wheel has been replaced with a perfect 67 GTX only wood wheel, known as the recall wheel.

Wow! Beautiful car. In the late 70s, two brothers in my neighborhood had a 67 GTX 440 4bbl 4 speed and a 67 R/T 440 4bbl auto. Both clean, but yours is off the charts! I always have liked the classy looks of the 67.

The car is a unique commodity and selling it for top dollar takes time and keeping in front of potential buyers. RK is willing to sit on this type of car forever until a buyer comes around and has a car like this advertised on their website, ebay and many others continuously until sold. They also have the advantage of being willing to take a trade and arrange financing. You are right that the ForBBody forum is not a great place to market a car like this. There are very few members here who could or would spring for 150K on a car. Most here are interested in drivers, and many are trying to just keep their daily B body primary driver running.

The car has demonstrated that it has been worth in excess of 140K several times in the past. I am sure the 150K you would like is not unrealistic to the right buyer. Reaching that buyer and having them part with 150K, with all the other options at that price point is the challenge. I doubt you will find them on this site.

An auction with a reserve or sell back to RK is your most expedient method of liquidation, and since you have already bought the car twice from them, you should pretty much know what they would offer on an outright buy or consignment sale. To expect to find a buyer yourself for the price they would ask may be unrealistic on your part.

I would expect you to net 125-130K by that method, and it still may be hard to find a buyer yourself willing to pay that price. 150K or nothing means you are most likely going to end up keeping the car. Like it or not, that is the high end unique car market.
You most likely knew that before you jumped in the water unless you first invested during the big classic car run up in prices.

I was looking at Lambo Gallardos the other day on ebay and was amazed at how many pre-2008 models are for sale as compared to later models. I think everyone who got a big cash bonus, wall street or main street, in 2005-2007 had to have one! Sales really seem to have really died out post crash.

Last edited:
The audience is getting smaller, and unless a collector desires a particular car for their menagerie, the average guy isn't really interested in a car that has to be towed everywhere, to be "judged" by other people. I'd drive the wheels off of it. Most people could buy a new car, basic old muscle, and a motorcycle, for the same money. I don't envy your position/stand.

Go with gtx440- you're in Barret-Jackson territory with no promises of what'll it go for. Could be 150k within a minute or sit there at 85-100k.

Auto Transport Service
Back