• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Young kid with a 88 Suburban..

BeepBeepRR

Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
I had a younger kid I'd say in his early 20's knock on my door and he was saying that one of the other guys in the neighborhood said I was the guy to come and see about his truck sputtering and stalling. Well, we got it started and it ran but was running out of fuel. I checked both filters they blew through fine. THen I checked the electric pump it was fine. I put a see through filter in place before the pump so I could see what it was doing. It pumped the filter full in a few seconds I was like hell take it for a spin. Well it died again around the corner and they towed it back to my house. I saw the filter was completely empty. So we drop the tank and low and behold the sock was gone off the pickup tube and there was soooooooooo much rust scale in the tank it could not possibly get gas. So I pullled the tank and beat the snot out of it and vacuumed it out several times beat and vac beat and vac till no more scale came off.

Made a make shift sock out of a piece of fuel line so that even if the big end of the hose gets clogged it could still get gas through all the holes I drilled into the hose. He ordered a new gas tank but its 3 weeks out and a new pickup. So for now its up and running. Just a shame how much rust was in that tank.

IMG_4397[1].JPG
IMG_4396[1].JPG
IMG_4395[1].JPG

That thing must have sat for a long time, but the bigger question is .... what's a young kid want with 31 year old Suburban for?

That thing must have sat for a long time, but the bigger question is .... what's a young kid want with 31 year old Suburban for?
That's the safest thing to be driving in and around Atlanta :rolleyes:

what's a young kid want with 31 year old Suburban for?[/QUOTE]

Do you have any daughters?

:rofl:

I recently inherited a car ( 83 fox body mustang) that I am going to make my daily driver... The car has been sitting for at least 20 years ( bad motor) ( inside storage) and I figured it was going to need a new tank..

So I dropped it the other day and it was still over half full of fuel... The really weird part was that the fuel was not too bad looking ( a little cloudy), didn't smell bad, but the amazing part was the inside of the tank and pickup/sender looked like brand new????? I was getting ready to order these items but there is absolutely no reason to replace them..

Still wondering why these parts had no corrosion???

I recently inherited a car ( 83 fox body mustang) that I am going to make my daily driver... The car has been sitting for at least 20 years ( bad motor) ( inside storage) and I figured it was going to need a new tank..

So I dropped it the other day and it was still over half full of fuel... The really weird part was that the fuel was not too bad looking ( a little cloudy), didn't smell bad, but the amazing part was the inside of the tank and pickup/sender looked like brand new????? I was getting ready to order these items but there is absolutely no reason to replace them..

Still wondering why these parts had no corrosion???
No ethanol in the gasoline.

PRND21 whats a good day for me to drop of my car :lol: ,your a good man.

Auto Transport Service
Back