• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Young People Say Calling Them a ‘Snowflake’ Damages Their Mental Health

THAT'S my problem!!! I have suffered all my adult life for having been called a ..."HIPPIE"..... I can rest easy now I know . THANK YOU!

Born in the early 50's i grew up in the 60's and became a adult in the early 70's. It was a interesting time. So many of us had longer hair and bell bottom jeans. We bought them at the Army Navy store, navy bells if i recall.

And this is Steve today....

:D

Hippie.jpg

Take the high road and don't call anyone names just for you're own satisfaction. You may actually be too old to understand "bullying" of any form, or, you may be a person of little self dignity that feels good by name calling. There can be irreparable damage caused when one ( or more people) attempts to lower anothers' self esteme by categorizing them or just plain practicing the art of "name calling". I say "do unto others that which you'd have done unto you". Works for me.

wbkb356.jpg

SFSI ! I read your background and we've talked. I am surprised that you don't have more conservative political views. Union influence via osmosis? :D

Sure is a lot of hate here. Guess non of you have any sons or daughters. Just remember these kids are the ones that are gonna be the ones takin' care of you when you can't wipe your own *** or put your false teeth in.

Man am I glad that you don't live in the USA!!!
We have enough pussy, snowflake, liberals here already!!
Millennial-Snowflakes.jpg

Sure is a lot of hate here. Guess non of you have any sons or daughters. Just remember these kids are the ones that are gonna be the ones takin' care of you when you can't wipe your own *** or put your false teeth in.
Thats why I raised ours to stand on there own two feet.
Nothing to do with hate. These lazy worthless over educated fuckups ( snowflakes is to kind ) earned the name. I just do not put all their generation in that category.
There are some parents that made sure they did not raise snowflakes.

Last edited:
I don't want to get into this ,but being younger I'm 30, I feel I need to say since I went threw school not so long ago .they spew this crap to the kids there brain washed .growing up they wanted to know what we wanted to be when we grew up they pushed collage and you were frowned upon if you said Manuel laborer or carpenter or mechanic..... they pushed for fair ness and equality witch is fine but they went to far you don't get a ribbon for loosing! I went to school guess what you wanted a trophy you had to earn it hard work and determination! Now you just whine and you get a trophy! We had bully's growing up you handled it on your own today they cry hate crime or....
And the snow flakes will melt if there school bus doesn't have A/C ! A bus is not aloud to run here unless the AC work s . When I went we sweated our ***'s off! When I started fixing bus' the handicaps got a/c I said we'll that makes sense . Now everyone bus gets AC because the handicaps(snowflake) think there intitled and they will sue if they have a heat stroke! I'm sorry your on a bus for 15-30 mins you can f off! And this safe space crap what the hell? I had a dude seriously on his phone ran into me because he wasn't looking(right after back surgery I had my brace on ect) firstly he wouldn't look at me and didn't say anything . I asked him what the f he was doing and why it was so important ! He said he's in his safe place or some crap on his phone or when he's on his phone! I said oh well have you ever heard of personal space I just had major back surgery and you really could of hurt me , I got ummm what did you say ? As he started pulling his head from the screen . I did what any red blooded American would have done .I smashed his phone out of his hands as it hit the ground and the screen shattered he started crying and said he's going to call the police on me because I'm being mean !
Because I'm being mean this game outbox a 20is year old male appearing (but I guess it could of been anything)

Anyway s I said how are you going to call them your phones s@@@ now! He stomped off crying and having tantrum kinda like a 1-2 year old would have!
Before the couple of you guys, we all know who I'm Talking about ! Get all pizzy about be assaulting a kids phone .I will say I was in fear for my life when he brutally bumped in to me right after back surgery he could of killed me ,I had the right to stand my ground and shoot his dumb ***! So remember there are good people out there I didn't kill him .

There's lots of good people out there but there's alot more idiots that piss us off and require us to dispose of them!

And don't get me started on these non driving mother fu@#ers, the snowflakes think there untitled and can do whatever they please behind the wheel the 80+ year old q tips can't see over the wheel and run people off the road and don't even realize it! I get like the hulk behind the wheel my wife removes my gun why I drive if not it will seriously turn into grand theft auto around here!

So then my final thing the *** holes that use there phones why they are driving! I'm not even talking about a phone call or a quick text I'm talking about full blown Skype,face time, chatting why your driving ,surfing the internet,face book updates , long text conversations ect.
So being in a ratty looking truck has its advantages firstly I'm higher then most I can see alot so if I see someone not paying attention at all I will get next to them and swerve into them or get plenty big room and hit the brakes and horn hard that way they S@#t there pants and in hopes realize it's a bad idea! You have no right to be on your phone if your driving ! Your safe place can wait and no one cares what you ate! I can say from experience they don't care about anyone but them selves I got hit by a non driving mother fu@#er because she was to busy updating face book so everyone knew she was on her way to work! Because of this I got a broken back I've had 6 years of pure misery and two back surgeries. And to this day she has yet to say sorry! These phones are more dangerous then anything on this earth . Any *** hole that wants to argue that can try there best . There's more phone related deaths now then gun and by mire I mean alot more! These phones are great there extremely helpful but they make stuff a bit to east and I think that is causing the youth of our nation to be whiny bit@hs that want everything handed to them they dont nor ever did have to figure stuff out on there own!

Screw the snow flakes I'll smash every single phone if need be to save my great nation from them!

Dang sorry guys didn't realize I wrote a freaking novel!
It's just a rant ! But entertaining!

Well galley. Two grandpas, three dads and 2 grandsons discussed the wimpy snowflake factor last Saturday.
The conclusion was not good. The snowflakes now controll our schools and an assult charge is no laughing matter.
No wonder kids are going off the deep end and wasting the pathetic little turds.

A true whiny baby will create a thread saying they are done with this forum.....

Bb70, BTW how is your back doing? Hope your feeling better.

Thanks for asking ,I'm getting better. The biggest problem is they won't let me do anything ! Oh and getting off these narcotics that's rougher then I thought but I guess that's because 6 years of using them as a crutch isn't helping matters. I'm told in 3-4 more months I can take the back brace off for good! And start doing extremely light work ! I'm assuming welding is OK so I'll start there ! But god I can't wait to get back to work this being retired sucks

Giving your back muscles the work they are intended to do can be a long haul when they atrophy. It takes effort that is not comfortable. They will not come back unless they are worked.
I am dealing with something similar with my back and legs. My back issues turned off some signals to leg muscles. Every day is a workout just to walk but every day I can feel the improvement.
A few months ago I could not drive my cars that had clutches. Now it is not a problem.----If we don't use it we lose it is easy to say it but it is true. Our bodies adapt to what we ask of them.

i was calling them "retards" long before the snowflake thing
Why offend the retarded? They have been called about every name imaginable by that age..
These are the ones that should have been brought up with some knowledge of reality instead of pampered boo hoo lives and become worthless flakes.

Auto Transport Service
Back