• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Furry Kids...

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:26 AM
Reaction score
Today was one of those days... Our Australian Cattle Dog had to get surgery as they found another mass cell tumor about 6 weeks ago. We waited to get it done after her "swimming" season was done and had it done today. It was very hard concentrating with work wondering and not all good thoughts... They are family after all and she is not one that likes being left behind which makes it harder when you leave... We had her teeth cleaned and she had to get some teeth extracted also as one was cracked, another had the root exposed and one was decaying...
We are happy she is safe at home and hopefully on her way to a speedy recovery. We have the cone of shame but tried this new way we heard about by cutting the pool noodle on a larger collar and with that it takes away from the "Bull in a China Shop". Now we just have to find a way to keep in slow mode. She is exhausted and was laying next to me until my wife just gave her some Vanilla Ice cream. Never to tired for ice cream!!

IMG_1405.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you, people like you who really cares for the other family members like the dogs deserve the gratitude from all us dogs lovers like me, thank God she's recovering well and she have many more years by your side.

Thank you, people like you who really cares for the other family members like the dogs deserve the gratitude from all us dogs lovers like me, thank God she's recovering well and she have many more years by your side.
Hopefully she will be back playing in no time... We waited till her swimming season was over...

lake 2019.JPG Panda working.JPG

Australian shepherd are strong dogs, very clever and smart, she looks like a spoiled little girl just like my little girl giggles ( the one in my avatar).

We hope she has a speedy and full recovery! And thanks for the pool noodle idea, I may try that one...

Bless your pup and you guys for being so caring and sensitive. Our pets - especially dogs are such an important part of our lives. Hope for a full recovery

Update... Last night was horrible she did not sleep at all due to adverse reaction from anesthesia. She was whimpering and I was carrying her up and down stairs to go outside, get a drink and some more vanilla ice cream etc... Called the Vet at 3am and she had us ice the stitched area. She said the not sleeping issue was no worry and normal but that she was feeling some pain bothered her. When something is wrong she lays her neck across yours so we were up all night which was fine we were just trying to make her comfortable. She fell asleep around 6am. She is now back to herself now and wants to run and jump so now the real fun begins trying to keep her in slow mode. It was challenging last time but it was winter 2 years ago, this is the 2nd mass cell tumor she had removed. Last one was on her back leg tricky spot and she had to be kept down for 4 weeks with a plastic splint. Here she was from that surgery recovering by the fire with her sister...

Panda bear with Lucky.JPG

Take it slow if at all possible..... She looks pretty relaxed in the above pic.
Thanks it was cold out and she was happy to lay by the fire. Anyone who knows these dogs will agree with this. It is like having an 8 second street car trying to slow it down to run thirteens...

Like you said, a furry kid, they just cant stay in one place in peace and quiet, thanks for the update, it's gonna be a challenge to keep her in slow mode, but it is expected to be uneasy after the night of a surgery, ALL THE VANILLA ICE CREAM SHE WANTS.

Best wishes!! I'm sending that little piece of God that watches over us, to you, hope it helps! I know what that's like, caring more for others than yourself. I'm not moving to my new condo because of my dog being blind and the fear of her being lost in her own home. Today is her birthday, she's 16. You're a good father to your furry kid and I know all will be fine!!

Best wishes!! I'm sending that little piece of God that watches over us, to you, hope it helps! I know what that's like, caring more for others than yourself. I'm not moving to my new condo because of my dog being blind and the fear of her being lost in her own home. Today is her birthday, she's 16. You're a good father to your furry kid and I know all will be fine!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
:bday:
images (15).jpeg
images (14).jpeg

I know how much you love her and why, my best wishes for her and for you Ulli.:thumbsup::bday:
Ps. ALL THE VANILLA ICE CREAM SHE WANTS TOO.

Hopefully she gets better soon
we do love our furry kids

it hurts when they hurt, takes a little piece of US each time

good girl, get well soon

Thanks guys it's very easy to love something when you pick her out and spend 7 years with her. She is doing great!!

Panda bear as puppy.jpg

mine is healthy & about 4-1/2 now

Elvis is in the house :lol:

Elvis 9-3-2105 on deck 3 months old on deck.JPG

mine is healthy & about 4-1/2 now

Elvis is in the house :lol:

View attachment 836484
Our first dog was a black lab. She lived to be 15 years and 6 weeks. She went everywhere with us, had her before kids and she was all my 2 boys knew growing up. I still get upset and it's been 7 1/2 years now she has been gone...

Our first dog was a black lab. She lived to be 15 years and 6 weeks. She went everywhere with us, had her before kids and she was all my 2 boys knew growing up. I still get upset and it's been 7 1/2 years now she has been gone...
yeah I've had a few labs, we grew up with labs
my last beloved ol' chocolate guy Lord Budnicks was 16 years 4 months
(my namesake here)
never mind the date stamps, they are photos of polaroid photos
Buddy #1 May 23rd 2013 15th B-Day.JPG

Dan the Man a white/yellow lab pup, from Dukessa my sisters yellow lab
son of The Duke, pick of the litter I gave to my ol' roommate Mike

Budnicks Dog Duke & Dan.JPG

& The Duke ^^^ my 1st own back lab when I got back to Ca. in 1985
was 14 years 8 months

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been raising Bull terriers & Staffordshire terriers far a time too

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

King Richard white/yellow lab was poisoned (I assume) when he was about 2
vet said it was either poison on possibly a small % of chance it was parvo

Barron a black lab was just before 16 years, he was my dog in my youth
a family dog that followed me around

Prince 'Flash' was a yellow lab another dog "my dad's",
but he was with me all the time
I took care of him, he was also from my youth

I've had other breeds along the way too, seems I always have a Lab too

Dog Lab Black Chocolate Yellow & METH.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back