• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Mopars handling?

Cncguy1

Local time
11:01 PM
Reaction score
What is the single most beneficial component you have added that improved the handling or ride of your Mopar?

Popular answer is probably going to be sub frame connectors. I installed my first set this winter but no experience yet since the car isn’t running. Also did tubular Lower control arms dynamic adjustable strut rods and all poly bushings.

poly-graphite bushings.

I've done all the above (combination of polygraphite and rubber for suspension components, helwig sway, and weld-in subframe connectors) with RCD bilstein shocks and 1" torsion bars and the thing handles beautifully. Hard to say which was most important as they were all designed to work as a system.

During the winter I re wired the entire car(that didn’t do much for handling) but while I was there I installed new poly bushings in front sway bar (original bar) it helped some. I also went Stage ll firm feel box, new couplers and guts. Installed rear sway bar too. Had already installed sub connectors. All made huge difference! Steering was huge. I would say the sub connectors are number 2 then work/install sway bars was 3. I think each car may be a little different with what works best depends on previous setup and equipment.

on my E it's a long list done a little at a time.... but would apply to a B as well. Subframe connecters... then BIG Helwig swaybar... then. BIG FF T-bars... Them level 3 steering box.... then..... them.... then..... it just goes on and on......... BUT IT WORKS!

stich welding the body, subframe connectors, lower rad brace, inner fender brace and torque boxes. Then sway bars then high end shocks, then the borgeson steering box

1. Subframe connectors
2. Borgeson steering box
3. QA1 Stage 3 handling kit and SS springs and stiffer torsion bars
Modern wheels or tires would have been a big improvement too but I like steelies and big tires
Goes fast and handles well

Low profile tires 18's and 19's, like em or hate them they do improve handling tremendously:thumbsup:..... also complete suspension overhaul and lowered 2".

No single easy answer here.
USCartool subframe connectors
Firm Feel Box
Bilsteins all four corners
Single leaf inserted each side
Hotchkis front bar. Lighter stronger than the factory it replaces.
And several other items in the recipe like rear spacers, Cooper street tires, reduced diameter and dish steering wheel etc

Dont have a before and after compare. All Poly bushings F&R, align with 1.5* caster Cooper 235 60s 275 60s. Handles and tracks well with armstrong steering. PS next on the list. Going to focus on the Duster project for now.

Torquing the 3 bolts that hold the steering box to the k frame. They looked tight (flush with box) but were only pinched up. The box was moving slightly turning from left to right, with a dead spot in the transition. I thought it was just the dodgy 60's handling...

Rebuilt front end with PST's polygraphite kit..that made a big difference. Also added a new pittman arm and shimmed the valve in the power steering pump for a little more firmness. Feels pretty dang good for a 50-year old car with no sway bars..

The upper arm are a big help .But 1.12 T bars , incredible how flat the car is now going from .96 T bars.

With that numerous customers that I have worked with and followed up with. The most noticable changes were felt with with larger torsion bars ( 1.03") and new performance shocks like Bisteins or Viking. Bear in mind the rest of the front suspension was in good working order prior to the torsion bar and shock swap.

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing

Last edited:
The bushings, sway bar, firm box, larger size radials (went 15") made a night and day difference. My '63 Ply drives better than new - tight-straight-no wandering. The bar is an OEM from a police car so a heftier bar might be better; but big difference as it is. Been researching adding a rear bar...so far feedback has been hot and cold on it..

Auto Transport Service
Back