• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your thoughts on Ebay. Good, bad, or otherwise.

The thing I would like to see, when the clock is ticking down to the last minute, you and whoever can keep on bidding past the end of the sale. Just like at a regular auction being held in public.
ive actually seen that on other clones of ebay sites.
if someone bids,
they extend the auction,till no bids come in for a period of time,
well after the og time limit ran out.
gotta say,
the prices get kinda ridiculous that way on something that would have sold cheaply on ebay/when the time limit was over.

I use Ebay often and really have few complaints. The trick is being vigilant in your research before clicking the buy button.

My biggest complaint is they don't do enough to protect the seller from ********! Sold a electric fan to a guy where I provided the part#, size, etc..... the guy requested a return so I naturally asked why and the answer was "it doesn't fit". I was rather rude and basically told him he was an idiot.... that cost me my 100% positive feedback lol. If someone provides dimensions and a part# there is absolutely no excuse to return the part because it doesn't fit!!!!!!
NO RETURNS ACCEPTED your covered

I find the search pretty tedious when you go to the vintage parts section for a year model specific car and get 6000 results. There might be less than 10 percent of that number that are actual parts, the remainder are signs, rubber dashboard pole dancers, universal switches, fuzzy dice etc etc.

Something you can try is Advanced Search, or use filters in your search, such as:

(67,1967) coronet 500 -ad

This will look for 67 OR 1967, AND coronet, AND 500, EXCLUDE ad

You can also use "" to look for specific key words etc.

This is how I filter out a lot of crap.

The thing I would like to see, when the clock is ticking down to the last minute, you and whoever can keep on bidding past the end of the sale. Just like at a regular auction being held in public.

Like gunbroker.com
They have a 15 minute rule. If 2 people are bidding at the end, as long as people keep bidding....it keeps going. Anytime I bid on ebay...it's one bid for the most I'd pay for the item, then just let it run.

half the fun is waiting for the last minute and beating the snippers :lol:
I can't complain I do the same thing its how you don't pay a fortune for your parts etc.
if you bid early someone ALWAYS has to have a bid just for the sake of it , I wait till 30 seconds before end and bid maximum amount I am willing to pay . if I win I win if not to bad ,but you have a better chance if you bid at the end and avoid all the "social " bidders

I've sold thousands of dollars of stuff on ebay, and bought all sorts of stuff including two cars.

I've only had about three bad experiences and only lost money 2 times- 1 "lost in the mail" and the seller refunded 1/2 the price (although I think it was a scam, it was only $15) 2- no ship on $100 item for 25 days, paypal got me $83 back from seller's account.

Believe it or not, the worst transaction I've had actually made me more money.

Idiot won an auction for a small lot of items, then emails that he only want's one item and will only pay shipping for that item. I said, "oh hell no", and somehow he gets my phone number and calls me, demanding I ship the item for X amount immediately, and instructed me to "throw away" the other items.

I opened a dispute and said I'll gladly send only the item you want, but you will not dictate my shipping costs, which ebay approved.

Some people just aren't cut out to this type of thing, or even to buy and/or sell in other than a retail situation.

I don't "suffer fools" well at all, but you have to suspend some of that in a buyer/seller relationship.

Been on eBay some 12 years and for most part very smooth; but there are the rare weirdos making a mess of things. Just recently I sent a guy 12 items but found that I sent 11 and put the 12th in the mail the next day sending an apology via eBay to him. The creep had already posted negative feedback within the span of a couple days! No message asking where the 12th part was. Then another where the "buyer" bought my item closing off my auction but then never paid. Waited some 3 weeks. My biggest beef when things go sour is trying to get ahold of a human at eBay and the run around figuring out their menu with making contact. It's like intentionally made difficult. Didn't used to be this way a few years ago. Accordingly I have limited my selling on eBay...

Been on eBay some 12 years and for most part very smooth; but there are the rare weirdos making a mess of things. Just recently I sent a guy 12 items but found that I sent 11 and put the 12th in the mail the next day sending an apology via eBay to him. The creep had already posted negative feedback within the span of a couple days! No message asking where the 12th part was. Then another where the "buyer" bought my item closing off my auction but then never paid. Waited some 3 weeks. My biggest beef when things go sour is trying to get ahold of a human at eBay and the run around figuring out their menu with making contact. It's like intentionally made difficult. Didn't used to be this way a few years ago. Accordingly I have limited my selling on eBay...

half the fun is waiting for the last minute and beating the snippers :lol:
I can't complain I do the same thing its how you don't pay a fortune for your parts etc.
if you bid early someone ALWAYS has to have a bid just for the sake of it , I wait till 30 seconds before end and bid maximum amount I am willing to pay . if I win I win if not to bad ,but you have a better chance if you bid at the end and avoid all the "social " bidders
15 sec. Bam max bid I'm willing to pay!

NO RETURNS ACCEPTED your covered
Be sure to read the disclaimer from ebay about this. People are crafty when they spent money and made a mistake. Even though it was NOT the sellers fault whatsoever....

Be sure to read the disclaimer from ebay about this. People are crafty when they spent money and made a mistake. Even though it was NOT the sellers fault whatsoever....
All of Ebay and Paypal are about is protecting the buyer at the sellers expense. Same with the credit card companies. If a buyer disputes, he keeps your product and gets his money back and the seller is out with no recourse. I buy a few things on ebay but I won't sell on there. I don't use Paypal at all.

Auto Transport Service
Back