• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Z bar bracket

Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I,m converting my 65 Satellite to a 4 gear, Anybody got a detail picture of the z bar bracket on the frame. Thanks

The bracket you're talking about!Is a triangular shape with three nuts attached along with the ball,it is bolted to the inner fenderwell by the brakeline block.Sorry I tried to get a pic. for you!it wouldn't focus! too small an image.

Is it bolted. Or welded to the frame, I did a 70 Cuda and welded one on, Is this same kind of bracket, Looking for location pics. Thanks

A 65 B body and a 66-70 B and E body are not the same so you can expect a different frame bracket. Don't know about the 65 but the 66 up are welded on. If the 65 is bolted on you may see some dimples in the frame used as drill markers.

Heres a pic of the setup. 62-5B

Attachments

• Pedals 64-5B (6).jpg
    Pedals 64-5B (6).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 342
  • Pedals 64-5B (5).jpg
    Pedals 64-5B (5).jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 377
The 65 type is bolted to the lower fenderwell!

I have that bracket for $20 PM me

Here is a pic of the bracket. $20 plus shipping if you need it, Sorry, no pics of one on a car.
Pm me

Attachments

• 1-16zbar2.jpg
    1-16zbar2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 246
  • 1-16zbar.jpg
    1-16zbar.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 330
Here is a pic of the bracket. $20 plus shipping if you need it, Sorry, no pics of one on a car.
Pm me

Yes, that is the correct bracket. 20 bucks is cheap....I had to fabricate my own once ( for a '64) and it was a real Pain In the As$.

Auto Transport Service
Back