• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Z Bar Finish From Factory

tnfastback

Local time
10:53 AM
Reaction score
What was the factory finish of the Z bar for a 1970 B body, natural cast or painted black ??

The torque shaft I had wasn't painted. But it isn't cast either, it was fabricated from welded tube and stamped levers.
Calling it a "Z bar" is like calling a Sure Grip a "posi". :)

The torque shaft I had wasn't painted. But it isn't cast either, it was fabricated from welded tube and stamped levers.
Calling it a "Z bar" is like calling a Sure Grip a "posi". :)

So most likely natural finish on the "Torque Shaft" :lol:

after cleaning the one on my bee it looks like it zinc coated can’t tell if it was bright or yellow but for sure coated

My OE before cleaning. You can just see a hint that it may have been yellow zinc'd originally. I've been under these cars since 1976 or so and don't remember any that where bright like the repro's. I just cleaned it up and RPM'd it before install. Throw out fork rod shown is from an A body, that transitioned to the Bee when the Lakewood went on. OE x B bodies are shorter...
beerestoration2018 195.JPG

My OE before cleaning. You can just see a hint that it may have been yellow zinc'd originally. I've been under these cars since 1976 or so and don't remember any that where bright like the repro's. I just cleaned it up and RPM'd it before install. Throw out fork rod shown is from an A body, that transitioned to the Bee when the Lakewood went on. OE x B bodies are shorter...
View attachment 951031

RPM?

Auto Transport Service
Back