• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zbar & Keisler bellhousing problems????

1962savoy

Local time
7:12 PM
Reaction score
I installed a tko600 in my 62 Plymouth and now I'm having trouble getting a decent ajustment out of the clutch(petals to close to the floor). I used there bell housing and it makes the z bar mount lower on an angle and I think it throws out the goemetry out of wack because of the angle. Has anyone else run into this problem??? If so How did you go about fixing it?? I didnt really want to fork out 650 bux for a hydr slave unit!:VB toast:HELP!

Attachments

• IMGP2206.jpg
    IMGP2206.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 410
  • IMGP1778 (Small).JPG
    IMGP1778 (Small).JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 382
It does seem like the lever that the pedal rod runs would be farther away in this position. Maybe try a longer pedal rod?

You know that ball stud isn't the right one for a 62-64... There are a few different ball stud styles available that might get the geometry back. Does the kiesler bellhousing accept stock ball studs ad clutch forks?

check out the ball stud plate in this pic, this is what my 64 has. It raises the location a good 3/4"
BSB746.jpg

http://brewersperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BSB746

Check this category, other part numbers might work too.
http://brewersperformance.com/products.asp?cat=109

i cant remember what the last one looked like that i did . but i do know it was no where near that out of whack.

doesnt look right at all.

steve

It does seem like the lever that the pedal rod runs would be farther away in this position. Maybe try a longer pedal rod?

You know that ball stud isn't the right one for a 62-64... There are a few different ball stud styles available that might get the geometry back. Does the kiesler bellhousing accept stock ball studs ad clutch forks?

check out the ball stud plate in this pic, this is what my 64 has. It raises the location a good 3/4"
BSB746.jpg

http://brewersperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BSB746

Check this category, other part numbers might work too.
http://brewersperformance.com/products.asp?cat=109

I didnt know this wasnt right for the 62-64 mount but then thinking about the 69 bb bellhousing that come out of the car isnt right either.The keisler accepted the ball mount on the lower hole but just above that hole is another that is smaller in size.This could be how the one you show fits and bring everthing back to normal. How does it mount??? slotted hole on the bottom?? or top got any pics??
THANKS!

I can get a picture for you late today, but I am pretty certain that the round hole goes where your ball stud is now, and the slotted one goes above it. Basically in the picture above it is upside down.

Actually in this pic you can see the two bolts it mounts with, and just imagine it mounted how I explained above :drunken_smilie:

The mounting pads for the ball stud brackets are different through the years. As you can see mine has a flat face where the bracket fits against it. Your bellhousing looks a little different so make sure you look at that Brewer's page to see the variety available. Kiesler should be able to tell you which is the one you need and Brewers could help you too.

Attachments

• 112_1237.jpg
    112_1237.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 327
wel that kind a makes sence but can you give me the distances between the holes on the ball bracket?I'll measure up the Keisler bell to see if its compatable.Trying to call keisler tech support for two days now and nothing but on hold! a pain in the A$$!
CHEERS!!!!

Attachments

• ab93c7112cf0aa09c6b2655be7a998dc.jpg
    ab93c7112cf0aa09c6b2655be7a998dc.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 402
I'll get some measurements for you later today but it might be different than what you need.

If Keisler doesn't have what you need as a ready to go part, or a recommendation on what part will work for you... your best bet would be to make your own plate to bolt on and then thread or weld your existing ball stud into it. Just get your z-bar in the perfect spot and then measure where the ball stud should be located. a simple flat 3/8" plate looks like it would do it.

If you can't get through to keisler, call brewers. They are easy to get a hold of and always are happy to help.

I measured the bracket - looks like the ball stud is 1.0" above the centerline of the lower bolt and 5/8" of an inch farther back. Those are approximate since it's hard to measure it exactly with the Z-bar in place. At the least it's getting you in the right direction.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for that measurment. but can you give me the measurement from bolt hole to bolt hole???
CHEERS!!!!!!

To me it is pretty sad that people make and sell these retro-fit assemblies and then can't give you the answers to make it work. If they can't, then they need to let you know up front before you buy it that it is totally custom and that you are on you own because it seems from all I hear about this product that is the way it is. You should know this BEFORE you make your purchase but it seems to be all about making the sale and then you are often on your own.

To me it is pretty sad that people make and sell these retro-fit assemblies and then can't give you the answers to make it work. If they can't, then they need to let you know up front before you buy it that it is totally custom and that you are on you own because it seems from all I hear about this product that is the way it is. You should know this BEFORE you make your purchase but it seems to be all about making the sale and then you are often on your own.

Its called piss poor service!!!! there has been a snag at every corner trying to put this Tremec in and if i had to do it again....Hmmmmm???
Yes I think your right ,It's all about the sale and telling you what you want to hear! I shouldnt complain,Hell I only spent 6k and i shouldnt expect to have it drop right in for that!!!:ORGR:

Its called piss poor service!!!! there has been a snag at every corner trying to put this Tremec in and if i had to do it again....Hmmmmm???
Yes I think your right ,It's all about the sale and telling you what you want to hear! I shouldnt complain,Hell I only spent 6k and i shouldnt expect to have it drop right in for that!!!:ORGR:

This is by far not the first time we have heard of install problems with this product with little support from the provider.

Man, 6k? That Passon 5 speed is looking better and better.

So not to TOTALLY higjack the original posters thread I am starting a new thread to discuss the Passon units further look for it and I think many will find it interesting.

Auto Transport Service
Back