• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rubber trunk seal

HEMIB

Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
Whats a good glue for the trunk seal rubber i am using a high strength bostik & it keeps letting go on the bottom corners

I used this stuff on my trunk seal
1714646343785.png

1714646390072.png

Just like contact cement. Coat both sides, let it flash and stick, it ain't goin ANYWHERE! No need for clothespins... and dries Yellow just like the factory OE.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly5 030.jpg
superbirdfullpaintdassembly5 031.jpg
superbirdfullpaintdassembly5 034.jpg
superbirdfullpaintdassembly5 056.jpg
superbirdfullpaintdassembly5 058.jpg
superbirdfullpaintdassembly5 081.jpg
superbirdfullpaintdassembly5 112.jpg

I will try the peg or clamp method currently i am relying on the first contact it stay's in place for a day maybe the glue is not set
Your glue must be junk. My experience with 3M is when used properly it works well. Follow the instructions and google videos. There was one I saw that was demonstrated by the 3M rep and it was very informative.

Your glue must be junk. My experience with 3M is when used properly it works well. Follow the instructions and google videos. There was one I saw that was demonstrated by the 3M rep and it was very informative.

Yup... Whether you choose yellow or black 3M weatherstrip adhesive the stuff works, it's one of the few things that still does the same job it did 50 years ago... Quit messing around, get the right stuff...

Make sure to clean the seal with a good cleaner to remove the powder from making the seal. I uses 3M adhesive cleaner for that job. I have had the seal not stick if the seal is not clean.

Auto Transport Service
Back