• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Loose Quarter Window

Myasylum

Local time
12:21 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

I have noticed the rear quarter window is quite loose, however it still functions as it should. Is there a simple bolt that can tighten this down, or like everything else, nothing is simple.

I noticed the passenger side door window rattles a bit too, hopefully a simple fix.

Thanks!

Lol, that is a simple fix!

I did notice I can grab onto it, and move it around an 1" in any direction.

Im not even sure how the window is held into place?

Hello,

I have noticed the rear quarter window is quite loose, however it still functions as it should. Is there a simple bolt that can tighten this down, or like everything else, nothing is simple.

I noticed the passenger side door window rattles a bit too, hopefully a simple fix.

Thanks!
The window is bolted to the window mechanism by 2 bolts they have steel washes with paper washes that go against the glass and also have a rubber grommet in the center.maybe one of the 2 bolts have shaken loose pretty easy fix but rear seat & door card has to come off then roll down the window to a point were you can see both bolts & simply tighten up the bolts but not too tight.This is on a 69 charger so I'd say most B body's would be similar

Last edited:
This is the most difficult repair in a 66-67 Charger. What kind of car do you have?

It's a 1972 Satellite.

I think the answer to everything should be, "Get a Service Manual" then delete all forums because it would make them obsolete.

Internet? smh... old school technology. They have books for that!

This is the most difficult repair in a 66-67 Charger. What kind of car do you have?
And some of the harder parts to find especially if you need one of the roller brackets.
1716233919002.png

Yea, that bolt is super tight, but looks like it could use a washer or 10.

20240520_162455.jpg

It's a 1972 Satellite.

I think the answer to everything should be, "Get a Service Manual" then delete all forums because it would make them obsolete.

Internet? smh... old school technology. They have books for that!
Close! It should be, get a manual, be familiar with what you are working on, then ask questions about what you can't figure out

The other side has a spring on the inside of the washer that holds it right. Pretty interesting.
Yes I'll find a manual.

Auto Transport Service
Back