• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘68 Dodge Coronet

That is a nice Coronet!! 68 / 69 Coronets are my favorite body styles and you have a clean one.

They didn’t... almost the entire back half of the car is loaded with rust, and none of the signals worked. Oh, and leaking power steering fluid like crazy, not to mention a bad heater core too. I still love the car, but NEVER do business with Lucky Motors in Chicago! I, unfortunately, trusted that what he wrote in the ad was worth me trading in my Duster for. He got me, and he got me good! ‍♂️
Oh man, I'm very sorry. I had no idea or I'd not have brought it up!
I do remember contacting them when the car was first up on ePray to let them know it wasn't a real Super Bee, trying to be helpful so they could revise the ad and avoid tons of what probably would be far ruder comments than mine.
I figured they just didn't know, you know?
Let's just say their reply wasn't very pleasant - or professional - or even mature.
Oh well. We try. :)
I've got a soft spot for '68 Coronets, especially Super Bees (I've owned two and it breaks my heart to not have them back now).
I guess unless we're buying concourse stuff, we all wind up under/in/on top of them performing surgery sooner or later. :)

They didn’t... almost the entire back half of the car is loaded with rust, and none of the signals worked. Oh, and leaking power steering fluid like crazy, not to mention a bad heater core too. I still love the car, but NEVER do business with Lucky Motors in Chicago! I, unfortunately, trusted that what he wrote in the ad was worth me trading in my Duster for. He got me, and he got me good! ‍♂️
Wow ! I just read about the issues. I am so sorry it was a bad deal. Its hard to believe- the pics look so great ! At least you have it. And have plenty of potential to work with.

Oh man, I'm very sorry. I had no idea or I'd not have brought it up!
I do remember contacting them when the car was first up on ePray to let them know it wasn't a real Super Bee, trying to be helpful so they could revise the ad and avoid tons of what probably would be far ruder comments than mine.
I figured they just didn't know, you know?
Let's just say their reply wasn't very pleasant - or professional - or even mature.
Oh well. We try. :)
I've got a soft spot for '68 Coronets, especially Super Bees (I've owned two and it breaks my heart to not have them back now).
I guess unless we're buying concourse stuff, we all wind up under/in/on top of them performing surgery sooner or later. :)
I’m sorry they treated you like that! Do t worry, I already have started the paperwork to take them to court. What I got, and what their ad said, were two completely different things. Oh, and my wife is a lawyer, sooooo..... :)

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

im really sorry to read that. i pass that place twice daily! boy1 and i have walked their lot on sundays (dealer closed) more than a few times. seemed like they have some nice looking buggies inside.

Welcome from Ohio,I’m predudiced also. Tell ur better-half to go after them!

Man that sucks! Thanks for the warning. Good to keep guys on here from doing business with those douche bags! Looks nice though. Once you get those things taken care of I am sure you will enjoy tearing up the streets!

I'm watching this thread. I had "virtal" tire kicked that car for over a year. Really like it.
Please update us on what you discover and how you like the car.
Good article in the latest issue of hagerty magazine on buying site unseen. Larry Webster says selling a classic car would turn Mother Threasa into a crook. He also reminds us that "fun costs money" in the classic car hobby.

I'm watching this thread. I had "virtal" tire kicked that car for over a year. Really like it.
Please update us on what you discover and how you like the car.
Good article in the latest issue of hagerty magazine on buying site unseen. Larry Webster says selling a classic car would turn Mother Threasa into a crook. He also reminds us that "fun costs money" in the classic car hobby.
I’ve definitely learned my lesson. I’ve already begun the process of taking them to court, so I’m excited about hopefully making everything right. I still love the car, and I can’t wait to get it all dialed in correctly for summer cruising. I’ve sent the power steering gear box out to Firm Feel, so as soon as I get it back I’ll be able to get the car running again to go and get estimates on exactly what it will take to make that car as it was “advertised”!

Welcome. Sure like that color. Power bulge hood is sweet. Reminds me of that dog named Lucky. Three legs, no tail etc.

Cool Coronet! Not a color we see often... and that's refreshing.:thumbsup:

Love the color! Is that an original Mopar color? What do they call it.

Auto Transport Service
Back