• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘Prime Air’ jet in Amazon’s fleet to fly'

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
Are you ready for a New shipping carrier....Amazon to unveil the first in a fleet of cargo planes at Seattle’s Sea Fair. So it finally happened ? UPS, FedEx & DHL must be shitting their pants right now.

First branded ‘Prime Air’ jet in Amazon’s fleet to fly at Seafair | The Seattle Times

tumblr_obgaulmybN1v344kuo1_1280.jpg

They knew it was coming. After the delayed UPS shipping fiasco during Christmas a couple years ago, Amazon started to look into getting the job done themselves. They've already leased 20 of these 767Fs.

In my area, all I see are Amazon delivery vans.

It always comes down to if you want something done right, do it you self.

In my area, all I see are Amazon delivery vans.

It always comes down to if you want something done right, do it you self.

I also see Amazon in nyc, they meet at a central location take their deliveries to customers.

Amazon, Sales, Business & Profits
Must be really good, if they can justify being able to buy,
their own fleet of Jets...

may need to check out that stock, what it's trading at,
for a couple weeks after they get going {???}
wonder what share holders think ?

might be good for a while,
then it'll tapper off no doubt...

Well Bud, they're not buying at the moment, the twenty jets are leased. A used 767F goes for around $300,000 per month, less than half the cost of leasing a new one. As for business being good, UPS has a fleet of over 230 aircraft for comparison!

Auto Transport Service
Back