• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02 sensor location?

431Bird

Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score
Hey, got a quick question. I went e 85 and bought dual 02 sensor's. Problem is I have the evac where probably the 02 sensors should go. What should i do? Do i take the evac off and try to run valve cover breathers? Or should i take the header extensions and put the evac there and put the 02 sensors where the evac pipes are on the headers? Im guessing option 2 is probably the best, but could be alot more work i guess...lol
Thanks!

The o2's should be a few inches after the collector and before any H or X pipe, but with your evac setup you'd probably end up soaking the sensors in oil ! Can you squeeze them both right next to each other after the collector ?

The o2's should be a few inches after the collector and before any H or X pipe, but with your evac setup you'd probably end up soaking the sensors in oil ! Can you squeeze them both right next to each other after the collector ?

65-440 makes a good point. How about locating the O2 sensors an inch upstream of the blow-by evac system?

That was my main concern was soaking the sensors with oil..I didn't know if I could just get rid of the evac..and try just breathers. ..but probably bad idea

Auto Transport Service
Back