• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

10.95 or 11.75 disk brakes

greenmachine

Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. Need opinion. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a disk brake conversion. I'm tight on cash (who isn't). Is the 11.75 really that much better than the 10.95? It's 655 for the 10.95, or 810 for the 11.75 kit. The pst kit for 11" is 650.00. I am running 17s and it's primarily a street car. Thanks for opinions.

I went for the bigger set up. It was cheaper to buy a kit from Wayne aka the 'Ram man'. Kit bolts right up and works well using Mopar parts.

Bigger is better. Have any doubt, ask any woman, lol! The bigger rotors have more surface area, more bite, and won't fade as quickly as the smaller rotors.

Are you going to run 17's forever? No, no maybe I'll do 15's. Gee that's gettin' old, let's do.... you see where this is going?

I get it. I will splurge the extra coin. Thanks guys. I'm also going with the 15/16 master for more clamping force at the expense of a softer pedal.

I get it. I will splurge the extra coin. Thanks guys. I'm also going with the 15/16 master for more clamping force at the expense of a softer pedal.

You may have more clamping force at first, but have you got enough fluid volume as the pads wear and the pistons extend further? You really need to calculate this requirement by the number and size of the caliper pistons or it won't matter what size rotors you hang on it.

Small Block vs Big Block makes a difference too, especially on the fronts. I think six pot calipers with larger rotors up front is best regardless of SB or BB. In rear, 4 pot calipers with the smaller rotors is plenty imo...6 pot calipers in back are overkill...again, imo.

Thanks for the reply guys. I ended up going with PST. Best deal. Full kit from rotors to master cylinder. James is very helpful. Plus 10% discount puts it over the top. Full kit for 570.

Thanks for the reply guys. I ended up going with PST. Best deal. Full kit from rotors to master cylinder. James is very helpful. Plus 10% discount puts it over the top. Full kit for 570.
I'm guessing that that is fronts only? Reasonable money. Best wishes. Floating calipers or multi piston?

You're getting your benefit from upgrading from drums to discs. The upgrade in size, for a steet application, is going to be minimal, and certainly not $160 worth. Yeah, more surface is better, but not necessarily needed, and overkill dollars are wasted dollars.

Auto Transport Service
Back