• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1000 Hp Mopar crate engine

44070dart

Local time
5:36 AM
Reaction score
Was just reading about this soon being available. No price was mentioned. Has anyone seen this monster. Mother Mopar.

Seriously, though, I wonder what the list price from Mopar will be. I hope the $60k is a gross over-estimation. (not that I'm buying either way, but I'd like to think it would be priced to be attainable for regular folks)

1000 hp MoPar
"new" Hemi Hellcrate
cost sounds about right :poke:

you wanta' play in the thousand hp realm
you gotta' pay

In all reality you can get a hell crate for what 20k I think, spend another 6k on a whipple supercharger put it on E85 and you got 1000 hp

Last edited:
We saw an advertisement on TV the other night for the Hellephant crate, and I thought to myself, "damn. when was the last time you saw an ad on the TV, for, you know, JUST THE MOTOR"??? I mean, who does that?? That's pretty sweet, all in itself.

Last edited:
We saw an advertisement on TV the other night for the Hellephant crate, and I thought to myself, "damn. when was the last time you saw an ad on the TV, for, you know, JUST THE MOTOR"??? I mean, who does that?? That's pretty sweet, all in itself.
That is, and the Hellcrate and Hellephant are going to wind up in some SERIOUS rides! I'll bet some of those "other brands" will wind up with MOPOWER under their hoods, like the Gen 2 Hemi has and is.

That is, and the Hellcrate and Hellephant are going to wind up in some SERIOUS rides! I'll bet some of those "other brands" will wind up with MOPOWER under their hoods, like the Gen 2 Hemi has and is.

Funny, on all these cars shows on TV you see now days, all they want to do is put Chevy LS motors in everything. It would be good to see more Mopar builds.

Funny, on all these cars shows on TV you see now days, all they want to do is put Chevy LS motors in everything. It would be good to see more Mopar builds.
I'm thinking of Megalodon, the Camaro with the Hemi, one of the fastest cars racing in the "Street Outlaws" No Prep style races. I recently saw another X brand racing with a Hemi underhood.

In all reality you can get a hell crate for what 20k I think, spend another 6k on a whipple supercharger put it on E85 and you got 1000 hp
Very true, but with the larger 3 liter blower on the Hellephant, it shouldn’t be tough to turn it up for a couple hundred more on race fuel.

If I were a gambling man, I’m guessing a price of about $30k for Hellephant. Makes me want to take on a new project. :lol:

Very true, but with the larger 3 liter blower on the Hellephant, it shouldn’t be tough to turn it up for a couple hundred more on race fuel.
I'm curious how much power the long block of the Hellephant can handle reliably, reliably being the key word. I'm sure that they are not selling it, even with the GOBS of HP and torque that it puts out, at a level that would make it unreliable. Quite the contrary, at 1,000 horsepower and 950 ft. lbs. torque that may be only 70% of its capacity, and that is with long term reliability.
I'm just guessing!! If my guess is accurate, and turning it up to 100% means checking or changing crank bearings at the end of the season, that's 1,429 horsepower and 1,357 ft lbs of torque at 100%

I'm thinking of Megalodon, the Camaro with the Hemi, one of the fastest cars racing in the "Street Outlaws" No Prep style races. I recently saw another X brand racing with a Hemi underhood.
So is 'Birdman's' car,
is a twin turbo'd (KB ?) Aluminum Hemi

I'm curious how much power the long block of the Hellephant can handle reliably, reliably being the key word. I'm sure that they are not selling it, even with the GOBS of HP and torque that it puts out, at a level that would make it unreliable. Quite the contrary, at 1,000 horsepower and 950 ft. lbs. torque that may be only 70% of its capacity, and that is with long term reliability.
I'm just guessing!! If my guess is accurate, and turning it up to 100% means checking or changing crank bearings at the end of the season, that's 1,429 horsepower and 1,357 ft lbs of torque at 100%
I think they are probably at what
"they consider" (Ma MoPar engineers)
a reliable limit @ 1000 hp
or they'd have done 1500hp at some point,
the MoPar/SRT/FCA engineers want to push the limits
IMO it's the penny pinchers/accountants, it what usually holds them back
way too many limiting factors when you get even @ 1000 hp realm

it's not just throwing a bigger blower or changing a couple pulleys
to make that kind of HP reliably/consistently
far more to 'that combo' than that
ignition & fuel distribution (computer controlled/programmed)
crank rotating assembly etc./bottom end has to be able to handle it
compression, rings tension, pistons &/or rods/bearings
even hardware style
& the camshaft & the heads need to supply the flow needed too
consistently & reliably, even gaskets &/or materials of all the above etc.

now I'm surprised they didn't do a turbo'd combo
it seems to be the trend nowadays
just needs RPM to work, to build boost
doesn't work as well right off idle (harder to stage etc.)
like a "Huffer" (Blower) will, albeit less HP in many cases
lots of dead soldiers out there, with 'snails' (turbo's) on them too
(depends on rules etc.)

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back