• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

12 inch wide slicks on a 67 gtx

Dallasdrifts

Local time
5:49 PM
Reaction score
I have recently found out you can run a 12 inch wide slicks on the back of a 67 gtx with out tubbing as long as you push out the fender a bit . I was wondering how that is done? Jim anderson did it on the silver bullet gtx

I have recently found out you can run a 12 inch wide slicks on the back of a 67 gtx with out tubbing as long as you push out the fender a bit . I was wondering how that is done? Jim anderson did it on the silver bullet gtx

Seriously? Get his name correct... the reputable story I have, is.... Old Man Tignanelli used a hammer and dolly on the car.

Seriously? Get his name correct... the reputable story I have, is.... Old Man Tignanelli used a hammer and dolly on the car.

Gee, just reach in and pull out his liver then stomp on it... I've been away from the Big "D" for a number of years and this is the first I've heard of old man Tignanelli? Help the poor guy out and set him straight, Jimmy Addison owned the 'Silver Bullet' and from what I knew he split the outer wheel houses then used a port-o-power too push them out too the quarter panel then he welded in strips too close the gaps. I believe this was how it was described by Ro McGonal...

Now I don't who the old man was, maybe the outer wheelhouse's were removed first, then the quarter panel body work done, and the outer wheel house welded back in after it was sectioned?

why stop at 12? if your going to mutilate a 67 gtx....just cut the quarters out and run 16 inch

I don't think he's mutilating anything. If it's your car, do what ya want. I have 2, big-tire, original hemi cars. Most people seem to love them.

Tom Tignanelli raced S/S, AF/X, FC, and prostock mopars. His father owned a huge Sunoco station on Gratiot, back in the days.[SHADOWOODS] I used to love going in there and seeing what and who's cars they worked on. There were lots of them. I fondly remember a brown road runner in there, that was being built for an Asian woman who street-raced in N.Y. Watching them build the Arrow/pro-stocker was cool, also.

Last edited:
here is away without mutilating your quarters

DSCN1894%20(Small)%20(Medium).JPG

Wow sounds like a few got up on the wrong side of the bed today. Lets just try and help the guy.
Let me ask if I may and that is how fast do you plan for this car to be ? And are you just going to that big a tire for the look ? I only ask because as was said you can go pretty fast on 9" tires with todays technology. I only run a 9" x 30" radial slick and my car hooks fine and good enough to run 10's on them. The thing is you can go pretty fast on a tire that will fit your car with no cutting or altering the wheelwell at all as you can fit a 9" slick in there. But if you want the big tire look then yes you will have to modify the wheelwell. Ron

Sorry for the late reply I was a camping trip with the boys. It's not going to be a race car ideally a 12 second Street car. I've been thinking about using a modern lower profile tire and not a slick because it would fit my purpose better I think. I just love the look of the 12 inch slickd

Auto Transport Service
Back