• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1962 Plymouth Fury Convertible w/ 440

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipstar

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
For sale
1962 Plymouth Fury Convertible
Here's the bottom line for those short on time. If you have more time, keep reading below!
- 440 RB from a 1966 Chrysler
---> Mallory dual point distributor
---> Power steering
---> Edelbrock 650CFM carburetor
---> Edelbrock intake manifold
- 727 TorqueFlight pushbutton automatic
- Cherry bomb style exhaust
- Completely rebuilt front end
- Hydraulic brakes:
---> 10" x 2" front
---> 11" x 2 1/2" rear
- American Racing Magnum 500 wheels
- New power top pump, cylinders, & hoses
- Re-chromed instrument panel
- Re-chromed bumpers and polished trim
- Original trunk floor and body panels
- IBM punch card PDF copy already obtained from Stellantis Historical Services
- Original owners manual
- Newly replaced fuel sending unit, oil pressure sensor, valve cover gaskets, transmission pan gasket.
- New battery
- Also included:
---> Car cover
---> 1962 Plymouth service manuals
---> PENNDOT approved historical license plate w/ 1962 stamp

For those that have the time to read:
About 12 years ago (previous to my ownership), this car underwent a sympathetic restoration, featuring a predominantly flat/satin black respray and an engine upgrade from the original V8 (318ci) to a 440ci. The interior is clean, and the front end has undergone a rebuild. The paint exhibits good quality over straight panels, with some standard smoothing filler and a few emerging rust bubbles. The bumpers have been re-chromed, and other polished brightwork remains original. The interior upholstery is redone and in Good/Very Good condition.

The engine bay is tidy, having undergone recent servicing with all belts, hoses, and wiring in good condition. While the undercarriage is the vehicle's weakest cosmetic aspect, it has been rebuilt, structurally reinforced, and is sound. There's evidence of older undercoating mixed with some fluid throwback. All components are rebuilt and in good order, with solid floor pans.

The vehicle drives exceptionally well, boasting a robust, smooth engine that delivers impressive power. Transmission shifts, handling, and brakes are all in good condition.

I purchased this just under 3 years ago, but unfortunately it's already time to move on. This car is a great start for those who are looking for a fun cruiser that gets A LOT of attention due to the uniqueness. All that aside, my priorities are shifting as our daughter's love of field hockey is demanding more of my time and resources. I want to take the money from this sale and put the garage to better use by making it an indoor training facility for her.

I hate to part ways with it, but these years with my daughter I'll never get back, they're already going too fast. I can pick up a different car when she's out of the nest and I have more time to devote to it.

$24,000 OBO
Located in Gettysburg, PA
Pictures and media content below. Additional videos and pictures available upon request via PM.

1708519457498.png
1708519498549.png

1708519420248.png
1708519428513.png

1708519480317.png
1708519487233.png

1708519536861.png
1708519543881.png

1708519565676.png
1708519570320.png

Status
Not open for further replies.