• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 SPORT FURY STREET WEDGE VALUE

MoparMikey

Local time
4:20 PM
Reaction score
Couple more rookie questions. I am planning at looking at a supposed original 64 Sport Fury that has it's "original" street wedge/auto. Complete essentially rust free needs resto, basically normal body/paint/interior engine rebuild, (Calif car). What would you say it might be worth? No pictures-just use your imagination please, owner is asking low twenties.
Also I know how to identify the engine but I'm a little weak on identifying the car itself, how do I determine the car is real and belongs to this engine? Thanks in advance.

First, the price sounds a pretty strong, but without pics....? Done SW cars seem to be in the $25K-$30K range. If you can buy for $20K and totally restore for another $5K more power to ya.

If it has the fender tag make sure the last 6 digits of the SO match the numbers on the core support AND package tray.

Engine build and casting dates should be months before scheduled production date of car.

WOW, you have done(real) street wedge 426 cars for $25-$30K in your area. I'm in the wrong state.

I've seen asking prices in the 35-40 range or higher and they go unsold for years. Real transactions are in the 30k area depending on the quality of the car. #2 Maxie cars are 70-80 and up depending on the combo.

SW cars just aren't that rare anymore unless they're a vert or wagon. Just my 2 cents

I can see them in the low/mid $30's turn key although maybe not a fresh restoration. Big jump in value for a Max.
Are there definite numbers in the data plate that proves the car is a real SW? I think many, if not most we see for sale are clones.

If it was born with a 426 street wedge the engine code on the fender tag under the letters QR should be 14. Also, a street wedge in need of restoration should sell for under 10K. It would be worth 20K if it was a condition 2 car which obviously wouldn't need a restoration.

I'm amazed at prices you guys state. Not arguing with, just an observation. Here in SoCal guys ask $20K for a #4 318 rusty car.

Sure wish I could find a #2 426W for $20k or a rust free project for under $10k. Where the heck are they, must be much more common than I thought?

Where do you live? Have truck and trailer? Can you travel to pick up a car? How far?

"under the letters QR should be 14."
This is what I was primarily after. However I don't really feel up to a total resto so I'll probably pass

"under the letters QR should be 14."
This is what I was primarily after. However I don't really feel up to a total resto so I'll probably pass

Actually, Lynch road Plymouth engine codes are under the AB; Hamtramck Dodge codes are under the QR.

Sure wish I could find a #2 426W for $20k or a rust free project for under $10k. Where the heck are they, must be much more common than I thought?

Wow, looks like you're in luck. OP passed on the SW car, so it's all yours. Be sure to post pics of the car when you get it home.

9 (July of 07) years ago I sold my mint # 2 64 Sport Fury 426 all original street wedge 4 speed, for $36K and he in turn sold it for $45K. I ran it through the Carlisle auction and it did $38K, but with the fees I did not let it go.
Do you think they went down?

I was offered this for $1500. Add a solid $3-K, 4 door donor for rust repair and some of the missing parts, add another $3K for trim and door panel cores and seats, etc. and you're in for well under $10K.

I was offered this for $1500. Add a solid $3-K, 4 door donor for rust repair and some of the missing parts, add another $3K for trim and door panel cores and seats, etc. and you're in for well under $10K.

IS THAT AN ORIGINAL STREET WEDGE?

Doubtful.

Then why did you use it as an example? You can't compare a "whatever" Fury to an original wedge car as far as value is concerned.
This thread got out of context, I should not have asked for value but rather I was looking for the way to absolutely I.D. the car as an original wedge.

Auto Transport Service
Back