• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Bel I before and after...

Super nice car! Not to side bar the conversation, but I notice that the car had a Lloyd McKee dealer badge on the back. Lloyd McKee was a Plymouth dealer in Albuquerque, NM which was in operation from the mid 50's to the late 80's. I thought I would mention it just in case you didn't know.

I did buy this car from Albuquerque, NM a couple of years ago... I am very bummed and pretty much sick of the car at this point, I need to escape from it for a while. I got burned on some shoddy body work & the guy didn't finish it. So, I have a 1/2 assed attempt at body-work and a messy garage. I am torn between putting the car in primer or trying to match the paint where I filled the side-trim holes... I guess I also need some thoughts and encouragement as I want to drink till I puke and puke till I pass-out thinking about this project... I know it's probably not as bad as it looks, I'm just a little irked about the whole deal!

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear about the body work fiasco. The car is super cool and the work you have done to it so far is awesome! Don't get discouraged keep your mind on the end goal, you'll get there.

I did buy this car from Albuquerque, NM a couple of years ago... I am very bummed and pretty much sick of the car at this point, I need to escape from it for a while. I got burned on some shoddy body work & the guy didn't finish it. So, I have a 1/2 assed attempt at body-work and a messy garage. I am torn between putting the car in primer or trying to match the paint where I filled the side-trim holes... I guess I also need some thoughts and encouragement as I want to drink till I puke and puke till I pass-out thinking about this project... I know it's probably not as bad as it looks, I'm just a little irked about the whole deal!

Mine isn't perfect either but I put it in black primer and plan on beating the piss out of it! It's a work in progress and I figure I'll straighten it a panel at a time until it's ready for shiney paint!

There's not many cars still out there like ours and they definitely get more attention than a Fox bodied stang or a F-body Camaro! The old guys really sit up and take notice since they remember cars like this at the dragstrip!

Once you hit the loud pedal you won't care about what it looks like!!

Well one of our fellow B-Body only members RJB helped me with my starter and got the header bolted on... Thanks for the Help J!! Now, once I spend the week moving, I will get back to building this car!! Thanks again J!! I needed a re-charge!!

Thats what fellow B-Body friends our for, to help when you get burned out or just need that push over the top, its all down her from here.

Getting closer. I need to complete the wiring and it should be ready to fire... I also purchased a disc brake kit, now I need to get a new master cylinder
and get the rear brakes connected.

Attachments

• IMG_0378.jpg
    IMG_0378.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 523
Just got the disc brakes put on, the car turns over, but I need to rework a fuel line and add tranny fluid before I get the car running for good! I'm getting closer, but my wife and I started building a house, so my time has been consumed with her project... Hopefully by February I will be able to drive it (weather permitting).

Don't know if I missed it in reading through but did you ever list the tire - wheels sizes used on the car? Love the looks of it, more pictures please.

Auto Transport Service
Back