• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 - 67 Plymouth B Bodies

sputnik 440

Capt Jim
Local time
4:02 PM
Reaction score
What would it take to have a sub-classification under Classic Mopar Tech forum for 1966-67 Plymouth B Bodies? We have a similar one for 1966-67 Dodge Chargers. The current sub-class is 1966-1970 Mopars. I know you can't break the headings down for every model, but there is a lot of posts in the 66-70 heading that are irrelevant for those of us that own 66-67 and for those that own 68-70 models. The two year dates, 66-67 and 68-70 do not have that much relevance to each other. i.e. no Road Runners in 66-67, not Super Bee either. These popular Mopars should be in 1968 -1970 Mopars along with other models from those years. Same reasoning hold true for Plymouth 1966-1967 Mopars. Thanks for giving any and all considerations.

Well, one problem is -- there are 7,000 threads in there. If we split that forum into 2 -- who is going to go through those 7,000 threads and sort them out?

Easy. Start a 66-67 section. Then rename the other one 68-70. The 66-67 threads will die off.

How did you split off the 66-67 charger threads, or was it never apart of 66-70?

So the main, and only objection I see so far, is how do you get the posts of the past over to a new listing. Is that correct?

So the main, and only objection I see so far, is how do you get the posts of the past over to a new listing. Is that correct?

No -- there are other concerns. Whether the new forum would get much usage for example...

There're fewer 66/67 Chargers than 66/67 Sat/Bel/ Coronets.

Many more. There is a lot of waste of time trying to be specific about a search when you have such a large field from which to search from. Too many times I search for an item or issue related to a 66 or 67 and I have to muddle through tons of 68 - 70 posts that are not relevant to what I need. Splitting them off would give both series easier and more relevant access. Many times i inadvertently receive miss information that is actually good information for a 1968 440...road runner.....but it has no bearing on my 67 Satellite, or someone's 66. Same holds true if the inquiry is relative to the body of a Satellite. Too many times info is retrieved on a 68 or 9 Satellite. Different animal altogether. Does that make sense?

Can you create a search pattern would search both the old and the new posts . Say I want a search for "440 915 heads for 1967 GTX", can you force a search of both 1966 - 1967 Mopars and in 1966-1970 Mopars? I think it is the feeling that just because we have lumped first generation with second generation Mopars together in the past shouldn't mean we should have to not make advances that would make the system more user friendly
Not sure it can be done, but is it possible to "search" for only 1966 and 1967 related post among the 1966-1970 category and then move them over to the new folder? Sound too simple? We may not get everyone of the posts separated from the first and second generation (1966-1970) file, but I would think we could pull up and move out the posts that are relevant to the new file. If this is not feasible, then we simply start a new category for 1966-1967 and a 1968-1970 category and note that a search for archived (1966-1970 Mopar) posts may contain information relative to your search.
Again, start with the answer to the question....Why would you want to have 1st Generation models mixed with redesigned 2nd Generation vehicles? Everyone resists change, but if a goal is to make a forum easy to navigate and to retrieve information from then some times change is necessary to achieve that goal.

Can you create a search pattern would search both the old and the new posts .

it would be easy if everyone used the full year in the title. But because they don't, we'll pickup all kinds of other stuff.

Again, start with the answer to the question....Why would you want to have 1st Generation models mixed with redesigned 2nd Generation vehicles? Everyone resists change, but if a goal is to make a forum easy to navigate and to retrieve information from then some times change is necessary to achieve that goal.

Its been like this for 8 years and your the first one to complain about it. Somehow people have navigated without much of a problem.

I'm not saying its not a good idea -- its just a matter of how to implement it properly. I know it sounds all easy peasy to you and like I'm just resistant to change but after 15 years of building and managing sites like this, I know the pitfalls you don't see. I have to figure out ways to avoid those pitfalls or determine if living with them is justified.

Thanks for giving any and all considerations.

As luck would have it, we have a member who stepped up and offered to help solve our problem.

This member offered to spend the time to do their best to sort out the past threads that need to be moved into the new forum. So the new forum has been created per your request.

I'll help when I can....mostly as I run across posts that need to be moved. Here lately, I'm doing a few things around the house in prep for the large amounts of rain that we're expecting plus trying to get my life history paperwork together for my dang divorce.

Its been like this for 8 years and your the first one to complain about it. Somehow people have navigated without much of a problem.

Joey, sorry for making this suggestion sound like a complaint. My intent was to make the forum better with as little work as would be necessary. The work that you and others have done in bringing this website through 8 years of work must be commended. I have been active on a number of similar sites and 4BBodies is among the best and easiest to navigate. (Viper the worst) That doesn't mean it can't be the best. I know it is selfish for me to pick just one example and ask that we focus on it, but it is close to my "home" and when I saw what my neighbor had,(1966-1967 Charger), I wanted what he has.
How can I help? I have some time right now where I could sort out some of the posts mixed in with the 1966-1970 Mopars that would end up in the 1966-1967 file. If I can be of help to you, Cranky, or to you Joey, let me know what I could do to share the load. Then again, if it looks like too much of a burden, and the Staff and Mods decide to not follow through, then I understand. I can appreciate what goes into creating and maintaining a site like this. Let me know what I can do.

CaptJim

Joey, sorry for making this suggestion sound like a complaint. My intent was to make the forum better with as little work as would be necessary. The work that you and others have done in bringing this website through 8 years of work must be commended. I have been active on a number of similar sites and 4BBodies is among the best and easiest to navigate. (Viper the worst) That doesn't mean it can't be the best. I know it is selfish for me to pick just one example and ask that we focus on it, but it is close to my "home" and when I saw what my neighbor had,(1966-1967 Charger), I wanted what he has.
How can I help? I have some time right now where I could sort out some of the posts mixed in with the 1966-1970 Mopars that would end up in the 1966-1967 file. If I can be of help to you, Cranky, or to you Joey, let me know what I could do to share the load. Then again, if it looks like too much of a burden, and the Staff and Mods decide to not follow through, then I understand. I can appreciate what goes into creating and maintaining a site like this. Let me know what I can do.

CaptJim
Oh c'mon, don't be a suck ***! :D Just kidding. I'm heavily involved in a couple of things right now but I'm game to this.....

Cranky, just saw you were from Pasadena. Hope all is going to be ok at your place over the next week. I lived in Baytown back during Allicia back "when" (pre strip). Not a good time. Thanks for taking this on. Sometimes sucking a little *** ain't so bad as long as it doesn't leave a Crappy (almost wrote Cranky,lol) taste in your mouth. Now, what can I do? Anything?

Auto Transport Service
Back