• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Coronet 2 Spoke Steering Wheel Repop Replacement

Avenger

Local time
2:06 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have a 66 Coronet 440 with the two spoke steering wheel. One of the horn button bolts is broken off and one has a sheetmetal screw through it so of course i have no horn because it hangs down. I have ordered one of these (https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1966/dodge/coronet/parts/mw737.html) and it is on its way. After the fact I have stumbled upon issues with the splines online on forums like this with these wheels in 1966 cars. Is this always an issue with this repop or is it luck, or just rust built up on the steering shaft splines that needs cleaned up? As far as i know the steering wheel in 1965 Coronets and 1966 Coronets with the 2 spoke wheel are the same (p/n 2530260). Just looking for some insight before this thing shows up and i get disappointed somehow. I also have attached pictures of listings for a 1965 and a 1966 Steering wheel. Both the same P/N
Thank You in Advance!
-John

65.jpg

66.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back