• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet 500 deconstruct.

Ghostrider 67

Jack Stand Racer #6..and proud of it!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:23 PM
Reaction score
Well....it's day one, again. It's been 22 years since the last restoration job. I am loving this.. got left fender, left door, grille, headlights, left window and wing, rear seat, out today. Pictures of the car are in my gallery.
IMG_0669.jpgIMG_0674.jpg

Last edited:
Good start on the Coronet .....But were hungry, more photo’s please............

Need more pics, more details and what plans do you have for it?

How did you end up with it?

Good looking car, looks like a good solid car. I am looking forward to seeing you'r progress.

wish they went together that fast....... good luck and enjoy

plans and progress....

I bought it off of Vermont Craig's List the same day it went up. I had to go about 4 hours west into Northwestern NY state to pick it up. It's a complete car that is missing zero parts. There two Bondo spots but they are small. It's not really rusted out. The passenger footwell front floorpan needs replacing.

My plans are as follows:View attachment wishlist.txt1967 Coronet R/T
Modification wish list.
440 Wedge V8, lower and shift forward the battery, firewall cover,
flip front hood,engine bay covers, lower the radiator 2 inches, install scoops, 440 emblems for scoops,center drop exhaust manifolds, 727 torqueflite w/ shift kit,thruframe lines and harness,tub rear wheel housings,lose spare tire washtub, relocate gas tank and filler,fill trim holes, swap to R/T emblems,200 mph speedo, vintage air, under frame mastercylinder, disc brakes, wilwood, sway bars and suspension items,sail panel dome lights, consol/dash mods,aircleaner intake setup.,new interior, wheel lip trim, positraction,wheels and tires,indent the side scoops with black honeycomb,rechrome bumpers and trim, 66 grille,rump stripes,lose bumperettes,suck bumpers up to body,lose dodge script on hood, lose V8 emblems, lose all 500 trim,sound deadener,weatherstrip all,lose gas door,costum one off valve and head covers ,425 hp,saddle brown leather interior, sunburst yellow paint, tunes,reAR pan under side with exhaust tubes,round charger fender lights,blus backlite dash,

I have the 440 on an engine stand in my buddies garage, he has more room, it's a 74 RB block with wedge heads and a victor intake. Has a 750cfm double pumper on top. Makes about 425 hp , the battery needs to go down and forward to clear the engine bay closeout panel, same with the radiator. Hate all of the electrical doodads hanging on the firewall so I'll fab a cover that clears them and follows the lines of the air cleaner plenum box.. I have two original equipment 340 Demon hood scoops but I might get a 71 Rallye Challenger hood and cut out the scoop part and graft it on to the Coronet hood. I heard that the stock center drop exhaust manifolds were as good or better than headers? Rebuild and strengthen the TourqueFlite that's in the car, run wires and lines through the frame where in can , cut out the spare tire well and flatten the floor.

Great to beat out in the Garage busting knuckles again eh? Gotta love it! Hope your resto goes well for you aslbow

500 deconstruct update...

Hi all, I had a full day toIMG_0690.jpgIMG_0691.jpgIMG_0692.jpgIMG_0693.jpgIMG_0694.jpgIMG_0695.jpgIMG_0697.jpgIMG_0698.jpgIMG_0699.jpg myself finally, the wife went to a sewing class, and I made the most of it. Here are some pics of where I am in taking the old girl apart.

Modification wish list.
440 Wedge V8, lower and shift forward the battery, firewall cover,
flip front hood,engine bay covers, lower the radiator 2 inches, install scoops, 440 emblems for scoops,center drop exhaust manifolds, 727 torqueflite w/ shift kit,thruframe lines and harness,tub rear wheel housings,lose spare tire washtub, relocate gas tank and filler,fill trim holes, swap to R/T emblems,200 mph speedo, vintage air, under frame mastercylinder, disc brakes, wilwood, sway bars and suspension items,sail panel dome lights, consol/dash mods,aircleaner intake setup.,new interior, wheel lip trim, positraction,wheels and tires,indent the side scoops with black honeycomb,rechrome bumpers and trim, 66 grille,rump stripes,lose bumperettes,suck bumpers up to body,lose dodge script on hood, lose V8 emblems, lose all 500 trim,sound deadener,weatherstrip all,lose gas door,costum one off valve and head covers ,425 hp,saddle brown leather interior, sunburst yellow paint, tunes,reAR pan under side with exhaust tubes,round charger fender lights,blus backlite dash,
damn, that's one helluva wishlist aslbow. so the car will have a one piece tilt front end?

Last edited:
my goal..jpgmy goal 2.jpgNo. It will have a hood that tilts open from back to front like this one on Chip Foose's Imposter Impala. The hood will have a latch bar like on the front, on each side at the back. The latches to receive the bars as it closes will be mounted inside the engine compartment at the back on both sides . There will be a hood latch pull handle under the dash to release them just like in a modern car. The hood will spring up an inch or so when released so I can get my hand under the back edge to lift it forward. I did this to my 65 Impala years ago. you just have to buy an extra set of latches and the custom hinges. It's a bit of fooling around to get everything to line up right to close and the panel gaps. Just something different than every body else in town has. My buddy up the road has a 74 440 wedge, complete, that runs in his shop cause I don't have room in my single garage for it. It's a low compression moter, a B moter, but I've been following along on the dyno thread about these engines and have a list of parts and mods that will take it to 400-500 HP. The engine bay covers are just sheetmetal cut and bead rolled to go from the two back corners up to the radiator support on an angle at two levels. Covers up most of the stuff that nobody wants to see but you have to have. Like this...

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back