• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1968 Coronet R/T Amazingly clean frame Roller with 68 440 HP core engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

moparmendy

Local time
2:56 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
This is a super clean 1968 Coronet R/T Patina Project..The frame rails, inner fenders, floors and trunk floor are in amazing shape.
and we have a clean title.

the car comes as shown with a core 68 440hp engine
the engine again should be considered a core that will need to be rebuilt.
the doors are very very clean and solid and the while the trunk lid needs work i have seen a lot worse. the hood is clean but will need some work.
all the glass is in the car, and all the windows work...all the trim is nice, the window areas do not appear rusted.
the glass is tinted as this is an a/c car.

seats are included to get you started on your project but they are from a 68 coronet four door. they are the correct size but again are coming from a four door.

car will come with a sweep cluster that is a core for restore and a core wiring harness, both that are untested.

the r/t comes with a complete untested
8 3/4 rear end i will be updating the info on the case and the gear shortly

If you want to get a cheap body that needs all the frame and all the sheet metal replaced you do not want this car!!

I would challenge you to find a nicer cleaner body and nicer patina project or base for a complete restoration.

the car includes the fender tag as shown

still have this one on the drawing board to build as a rat rod patina because it is such an amazing body, but putting it up for sale as we may never get to it.

car is available to be seen by appointment but i realize the complexities and cost of traveling and i will provide as many pics as necessary so you know what you are getting

please don't waste my time and i won't waste yours

car comes as shown

the car rolls and steers great and we will easily help you or your shipper load it and if need be will install the 440 for transport

$13,500

IMG_8735.JPG

IMG_8632.JPG

IMG_8675.JPG

IMG_8682.JPG

IMG_8705.JPG

IMG_8709.JPG

IMG_8724.JPG

IMG_8627.JPG

IMG_8661.JPG

IMG_8696.JPG

Last edited:
i will be posting the interior dash shots on wednesday night, thanks for the heads up. car comes with a sweep dash frame. i will provide a 120 core cluster and a core dash wiring harness that are not in the car. both are untested and again will need restoration.

Car is really being sold as a super solid amazing patina roller. any other parts should be considered bonuses but again the car has some nice glass, nice trim and other assorted parts like interior rear panels a glove box door, power booster grille, tail panel etc. this is not in any way a full list, just trying to be clear as to what it is

Yes cleveland area. Specifically lorain ohio
Car is from Oklahoma thus it’s very very clean body
Car is actually originally from wyoming. We owned that car for close to 30 years. We parted it out when it wasn't worth anything than bolted it back together a few years ago and sold it.

received_1069614354076340.jpeg

Yes thanks I want to confirm it is from Wyoming Even better climate to not rust. I wanted to update that. Thanks Far from not worth anything now

Amazingly clean and strong body as stated for ray rod. Patina driver or blank canvas restomod or restoration Don’t find them like this much anymore

Interesting that there is a bench seat in the car in the correct color and pattern, but there are bucket seat floor reinforcements.

the seat set up is just a get someone down the road...aka a budget build throw-in as the front and rear seats are from a four door..car is not being passed off as any kind of 100 percent survivor..it is an original r/t that would be great as aa rat rod budget build waiting to happen/blank canvas for a resto mod or a complete high end restoration candidate due to the incredibly solid nature of the cars bones

So, it's a buckets and console car?

...or buckets with console delete?

Yes thanks I want to confirm it is from Wyoming Even better climate to not rust. I wanted to update that. Thanks Far from not worth anything now

Amazingly clean and strong body as stated for ray rod. Patina driver or blank canvas restomod or restoration Don’t find them like this much anymore
Yes. Definitely worth some money now. We thought about cutting a 1/4 panel off it and crushing it at one point. Was just an old car at one time that could be replaced with others at the time. It survived. We ended up crushing 3 69 road runners, a 68 charger r/t. A 69 charger, 70 gto and some other neat ones. No one figured these cars were going to be worth the money they are now.

Thanks for not crushing!!! If we only knew then what we know now on so many things in life. Meant to send this earlier. yes, i believe it is a bucket seat console car from what i see on the hump. there was some hacking done on the hump so I am including the sheet metal to fix it

Last edited:
Which photo best represents the car I would receive if I was to purchase it?

The trunk floor!! When do you see a bbody original trunk floor like that in a project? I am experienced in bbody projects and you don’t find them like this any more. Great structure, floors, frame rails, clear title vin and fender tag. That being said I am happy to walk around the car on FaceTime or send you more photos It’s 13500. Not a ton of money but a lot of money No games or duping here. I am happy to also send more photos. If the car were any closer to being driveable we would not be selling and would drive it. Just don’t have time with too many cars. Too many projects and parts etc. We love this cars patina condition and won’t be that happy when it’s gone. We just need to thin the herd. I hope that makes the condition and quality clear. Thanks

The trunk floor!! When do you see a bbody original trunk floor like that in a project? I am experienced in bbody projects and you don’t find them like this any more. Great structure, floors, frame rails, clear title vin and fender tag. That being said I am happy to walk around the car on FaceTime or send you more photos It’s 13500. Not a ton of money but a lot of money No games or duping here. I am happy to also send more photos. If the car were any closer to being driveable we would not be selling and would drive it. Just don’t have time with too many cars. Too many projects and parts etc. We love this cars patina condition and won’t be that happy when it’s gone. We just need to thin the herd. I hope that makes the condition and quality clear. Thanks
UPDATE: THIS AMAZING BODY IS STILL FOR SALE!! however the core engine is no longer included and due to selling two other projects and seriously thinking about building this car it is now priced at $15,500. Yes prices are nomally lowered i guess for sale, but we are raising this price as the car is worth every penny of the ask due to its rare amazingly solid condition.

Any closer to being drivable ? ? Like a dashboard, wiring harness, engine and transmission ? I don't think it's close anywhere, but another R/T saved is cool !

If it wasn't green.....................

The patina if it was blue, red or white and I would have been hopping to grab at it.

Just noticed the pass side door latch jamb is a different color.

This body is too nice not to restore. Although I am not in the market, I thought your original price was fair. This R/T would need bucket seats and 150 mph cluster. Too bad you got rid of the '68 440, and jacked the price up. If you could not sell it in the weeks since you posted the ad, I think you are going to have real trouble now. Just my $0.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back