• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Dodge Coronet Deluxe Project

The ron francis kit is pretty good but also quite generic. Be prepared to do lots of wiring yourself making the connections for lights and such. I had to re-wire the kit to make it work with my original light switch and I still haven't finished. (car is not here waiting to be painted). But overall the Ron Francis kit is a good value and nobody really makes a true plug and play kit.

You and I must be brothers from another mother though...
you: 68 Coronet Deluxe me:67 Coronet Deluxe
I'm 29 your 25. We both did the same thing with our lives it sounds like, both our wives support us...reading your post it was like an auto biography...kinda freeky but cool.

Good luck and feel free to pick my brain anytime.

just a thought...any chance you are pulling the windshield? If so that's the perfect time to pull the dash. piece of cake to run a new harness, and makes it alot easer to change the master cylinder and the dried out seals on the wiper pivots.

I dont think Ill pull the windshield unless I have to. I think the owner before my siliconed the trim on....so im sure to tear them up when i remove them. Plus it might pull of my high dollar Valspar outdoor spray paint job! haha

The ron francis kit is pretty good but also quite generic. Be prepared to do lots of wiring yourself making the connections for lights and such. I had to re-wire the kit to make it work with my original light switch and I still haven't finished. (car is not here waiting to be painted). But overall the Ron Francis kit is a good value and nobody really makes a true plug and play kit.

You and I must be brothers from another mother though...
you: 68 Coronet Deluxe me:67 Coronet Deluxe
I'm 29 your 25. We both did the same thing with our lives it sounds like, both our wives support us...reading your post it was like an auto biography...kinda freeky but cool.

Good luck and feel free to pick my brain anytime.

Yeah after searching I have realized the chances of plug and play are slim to none. I would prefer to get a kit that would bypass the bulkhead connecter but i will see when the time comes.

Haha that is strange man. She isnt my wife but she will be in a few years unless I do something stupid haha. Good to know someone else is as lucky as myself. Thanks for posting

- - - Updated - - -

Alright so I made a little headway after last time.

Received my carpet from Summit (Trim Parts)....and boy was it garbage. I knew there would be creases but the press was way to the right of center and the tunnel was HUGE. A lot of the crease wouldn't come out no matter how many books, weights, heating, cussing or punching.

carpet.jpg

Even with all the troubles I put it in. There are a couple of spots I'm not proud of but for a first time carpet lay....i can live with it. This is clearly not a Barrett Jackson car and first and foremost performance minded....so as my grandpaw would famously say "its good enough".

carpet in car.jpg

I also decided to give Lucille a bath today since it was so nice out. Needed to knock the garage grime off of her.

02-14 wash.jpg02-14 wash 2.jpg

Your car sure looks sinister all green and black. Carpet looks like a really nice fit as well "lookin good".

must have been a requirement for POs to silicone the trim on instead of replacing the clips( and they had the front and back glass out of mine and still didn't replace the clips)
I'd love to wash the garage grim off of mine but I'd have to shovel my way to the garage first.....

Attachments

• PTDC0009.jpg
    PTDC0009.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 362
Your car sure looks sinister all green and black. Carpet looks like a really nice fit as well "lookin good".

X2! Looks mean!

Thanks guys. Its reassuring to know you think it looks mean. Thats what I want....I want people to be afraid of it haha. When I decided to go OD green it was either going to be mean....or look like a hunting truck.

must have been a requirement for POs to silicone the trim on instead of replacing the clips( and they had the front and back glass out of mine and still didn't replace the clips)
I'd love to wash the garage grim off of mine but I'd have to shovel my way to the garage first.....

I couldn't do it. Down here in southern Mississippi if it gets below 50 I'm busting out the big coat. Our crappy weather came back today but at least I know Lucille got a good wash before.

Hey guys,

My play money has gotten tight so I'm turning to selling a couple of things to throw in the project money bucket. I need some help on reasonable prices on some stuff. I dont have pictures yet. These are the items I have to sell.

-OEM steering wheel with metal center part with the original plastic horn cap. Even has the original vinyl wrap around it.
-OEM exhaust manifolds. Pretty rusty but would clean up if someone gave them a bath and rust treatment.
-All factory A/C innards. I have no desire to make this an A/C. Figured I could get some good dollars. Seems like everything is there.
-OEM A/C Evaporator Core.
-DODGE letters that go to the front grill. I like the way the car looks without the letters.
-A/C switches. Actually have someone that may wants these but have no clue to its worth.

If any of you could give me reasonable prices on these things it would be a big help. No clue what some of this stuff is worth, if anything.

Last edited:
I'd say around $50 for the letters if they are in good driver shape. The rest I cannot help with for pricing.

I'd say around $50 for the letters if they are in good driver shape. The rest I cannot help with for pricing.

I appreciate it kb.

I just have the new part itch REALLY bad right now.

I just went through the girlfriend trifecta. December=Christmas, January=Birthday, February=Valentines day.

Trying to recoup my play money!

I appreciate it kb.

I just went through the girlfriend trifecta. December=Christmas, January=Birthday, February=Valentines day.

I understand completely. Wait until/if you have kids....:head_smack:

I appreciate it kb.

Look on the bright side, if you get married, you can cross 2 of those of the list. It's up to you on which 2. LOL.

Well it has been a year since I last posted anything on this. I had a few weak moments when I almost sold the car a few times. I was very down about the car not running but I have some good news.

SHE'S ALIVE!!!!

I ordered a M&H Engine Harness from YearOne back in January. I just received it last weekend. I am certainly not an expert with electrical installation but it took about 2 hours and IT FIRED UP FIRST TURN!

So freaking excited Lucille is running again. Its amazing the amount of relief and joy i have to hear her run again.

I would like any advice on some troubleshooting for the battery not charging. My gut tells me its a bad alternator but I was told it could be due to the lack of grounding on my voltage regulator. Any help would be appreciated.

Car Tax:

qRAnfAL.jpg

take the alt down to the parts store and have it tested.was it charging before the new harness?

take the alt down to the parts store and have it tested.was it charging before the new harness?

Well when I first bought the car I kind of took it for granted the car was charging...so I never really checked it. Then the wiring harness shorted. I could get it to run at the time but it was without the voltage regulator being hooked up. Since then I have bought a new ballast resistor, voltage regulator, and harness.

I don't think the previous voltage regulator was grounded.

Auto Transport Service
Back