• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Stripe question, transverse vs horizontal

fesser

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
While looking at the sticky for fender tag decoding above, I was reminded of how much I don't know. Under the section that covers Sport/Accent Stripes (page 3), I see where reference is made to "Horizontal" stripes, and "Transverse (bumble bee)" stripes. All the stripes I recall seeing on 68 B Bodies have been Transverse by my understanding of the word. What would the Horizontal stripes be on these cars? Pinstripes?

What would the Horizontal stripes be on these cars?
Photo0503.jpg

Yeah but that's a GTX stripe, not a Coronet stripe..... R/T's mostly got the bumble bee stripe but I believe there was a pinstripe too...

Yeah but that's a GTX stripe, not a Coronet stripe..... R/T's mostly got the bumble bee stripe but I believe there was a pinstripe too...
Very true, but the '68 Horizontal stripe vs the Transverse stripe question was posed. Nothing was mentioned about car line, make, etc. :)

You can faintly see the pinstripe in this pic...

View attachment 1573870

But the question was about 68's...Try to stay on topic Guido:poke:

1.... no, I can't see ****

2........ my point was if they did it in 67, why not 68

and 3.......... it was about Coronets, who strayed of topic first?

now crown my ***! :icon_fU:

1.... no, I can't see ****

2........ my point was if they did it in 67, why not 68

and 3.......... it was about Coronets, who strayed of topic first?

now crown my ***! :icon_fU:

1...no ****

2....topic was 68

3....the OP said nothing about Coronets

:icon_fU: :poke:

Very true, but the '68 Horizontal stripe vs the Transverse stripe question was posed. Nothing was mentioned about car line, make, etc. :)
Might be confused with '68 A-body. 1968 Dart GTS got choice of BumbleBee stripe or horizontal (longitudinal) stripe. The Bumble Bee stripe is most commonly seen, but I like the rarer horizontal one.

Might be confused with '68 A-body. 1968 Dart GTS got choice of BumbleBee stripe or horizontal (longitudinal) stripe. The Bumble Bee stripe is most commonly seen, but I like the rarer horizontal one.
True Dave, but tis a B-Body forum. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back