• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 GTX QUESTIONS

MoparMikey

Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score
Looking at a 69 GTX. Has a lift off hood with large single scoop, was this some type of factory option or just added on later? Thanks in advance for your help.

Added on later. A GTX only came with one hood and an air grabber was optional.

If your car is a six pack that's the hood that should have come with it. I have a set up from a 69 on my 68. If it's a 4 barrel then the hood was likely an add on.

If your car is a six pack that's the hood that should have come with it. I have a set up from a 69 on my 68. If it's a 4 barrel then the hood was likely an add on.
Nope. GTX never had the lift off hood. As 5wndwcpe says.

I guess it was the RR then. Cause they were the same body style and I did get the set up off a 69 RR. Thought GTX had the same. Sore you saying there was no 69 six pack gtx? Possible I guess.

possibly a dealer added item, but no factory 6 barrel GTXs.

69 Road Runner & Super Bee 6 barrel/pack only cars with lift off hood

69 Road Runner & Super Bee 6 barrel/pack only cars with lift off hood

This is my recall too but I don't remember seeing a 69 RR that came with the lift off hood.
It would be cool to know how many RR's came with it?

these are known as the A12 cars...code on the fender tag.

LOL--I believe you---It just seems like the dodges are the ones we see most. And with 1412 RR's made It makes me wonder about why I see so few.

LOL--I believe you---It just seems like the dodges are the ones we see most. And with 1412 RR's made It makes me wonder about why I see so few.

You should see more Dodges. Typically, the RR outsold the Super Bee by a wide margin but, oddly, there were more A12 Bees made than A12 RR's.

You should see more Dodges. Typically, the RR outsold the Super Bee by a wide margin but, oddly, there were more A12 Bees made than A12 RR's.

Thanks---that adds a perspective that helps with my question.

The A12 cars are pretty famous, ever since they were produced. I recall vividly the first A12 Super Bee I saw sometime in 1970. There's an A12 forum here if you want more info.

Auto Transport Service
Back