• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 ratrod dodge charger

I love that exhaust setup! I wanted to run that look on my roadrunner without going in car but I don't think its possible.

Very cool build so far I'm interested to see what's under the hood all these goodies it must be good , if you say built 318 I'm outta here!!!!
Let's call it a sleeping rat! It's not really rat material trust me by buddy builds those things to make a living but sleeper I see that put every penny into speed and not looks then smoke the high end cars .
More pictures please

Modified the muffler so it has a 45 degree exit, and ran the pipes. The drifting handbrake showed up. Now gotta make the brackets for it

20160715_005845.jpg 20160715_012216.jpg 20160715_012144.jpg 20160715_012046.jpg 20160715_003455.jpg

Can you come over & play ? Oh, and bring your tools ! Man, you got the eyes AND the hands.

Are you willing to share or sell the CAD drawings for all that? I really want to do a DIY rear Suspension setup so i can dial in the ride height. Looks great!

Very nice work as normal, you have some real good taste & talent

Inspiring.... I have a beat '68 shell that I have been planning on the same idea, just do enough sheetmetal/reinforcement work to make the car safe to drive, and put the rest into power and drivetrain mods. I have a little more work to do to get to the safe point though lol...

20160608_085708.jpg

smb, first off -- WOW, nice work on the fab job!!! Those welds are a thing of beauty and you have a lot to be proud of.

As a vendor here who used to do high temp ceramic coatings, I just wanted to pass along a bit of info that may prove crucial to you and your exhaust plans. If you're getting the headers ceramic coated, DO NOT wrap them! Ceramic coatings themselves do amazing things to keep the heat at bay, and header / pipe wrap specifically voids any warranty you might otherwise be entitled to on the finish.

Keep up the fine work!

man...im getting so tired of trying to convince my friends and family that this is what i want and is worth the effort, they see the charger and just say "why are you putting so much time and money in this piece of ****, when you should be building one of ur r/t cars", i have 7 chargers by the way most r/t's. i keep telling them that if i build one of my r/t cars to original i wouldnt wanna beat on it like this so called "piece of ****". its a fun toy car thats different and would draw alot of attention because its out of the relm of typical chargers. they just dont see it...but when its done, its gonna be so much fun to rub their face in how wrong they were

No one ever gets tired of hearing compliments, so I will chime in and say "Great job. You build some nice stuff for sure."
Or as my teenage daughter would say if she seen it... "That's tight."

man...im getting so tired of trying to convince my friends and family that this is what i want and is worth the effort, they see the charger and just say "why are you putting so much time and money in this piece of ****, when you should be building one of ur r/t cars", i have 7 chargers by the way most r/t's. i keep telling them that if i build one of my r/t cars to original i wouldnt wanna beat on it like this so called "piece of ****". its a fun toy car thats different and would draw alot of attention because its out of the relm of typical chargers. they just dont see it...but when its done, its gonna be so much fun to rub their face in how wrong they were

Yep. I always wanted a '68, and I'm just as happy to get a rolling rust bucket as a nice one. Because at this point, anything I do to it will increase it's value! So, I can do anything I want with it with no worries. Plus it saves one more from the crusher, which is probably anyone else would send it lol. Mine needs about every piece of sheetmetal that's available for it...

Love the side exit exhaust! Mines side exit too but under the rocker:(, I've looked at it a million times trying to figure out how to route it threw the rocker like you did with everything that's in the way.... I like what you did but was thinking it would be easy to remove that portion of the floor and build the floor over it putting it back under the car? Love where your headed with this build.

Here's a great quote, I live by...
"Build it how you want it, use what ever parts,
you deem necessary, dive it like you stole it, damn the rest,
who cares what others think, it's your build, not theirs"...

Are you willing to share or sell the CAD drawings for all that? I really want to do a DIY rear Suspension setup so i can dial in the ride height. Looks great!
I would like to second this request. If you have cad files or drawings, I would be willing to pay for them. This setup looks awesome and would be great for adjustability.

my project this weekend was the roll cage but since it was my first roll cage ive built i went kinda slow. i still have more bars to add, braces that tie the roof to the cage and then some fancy shmancy gusset bracing. cage was tricky as i wanted a back seat without people hitting their heads on it, glove box to function and visors to work. hoping i can finish the cage this week and get started on the fuel system. the dash and interior bezels do not go to this car, they were just used for mock up.

20160731_221042_resized.jpg 20160731_221103_resized.jpg 20160731_221256_resized.jpg

stayed up late to put a few more bars in, only 5 more to go

20160801_000127_resized.jpg 20160801_000211_resized.jpg 20160801_000234_resized.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back