• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 air grabber baseplate

Rpdrunner

Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
Were there differences from the 69 vs 70 air grabber six pack baseplates for b-body Plymouths? I forgot. I see some reproduction baseplates listed as for 1969 but then mention they fit 1970 also without saying they are correct. Seen some advertised as 1970-1972 also but not sure if they are the same. Who’s selling the most accurate reproduction for a 70?

Here's the deal with six pack air cleaners...
69- has a unique air cleaner to mate up to the 69 fiberglass six pack hood. However, with a regular 69 air grabber hood, a 70-71 air cleaner (without the front air dam) will fit with a 440 six pack
70/71- two basic choices...with front air dam (for non fresh-air cars) and without front air dam (air grabber/ramcharger hoods).

Big difference is a 69 base is for an A12 car and they have square base plates while the 70 and up are oval.

A 69 "Air Grabber" car does not refer to an A-12 hood or air cleaner.
ramcharger-airgrabberparts 036.JPG

Any idea of this is original or not. I can’t find any stamps. Assuming a repro. It’s a little banged up so I’m going to swap it out for a nicer one.

IMG_0337.jpeg

IMG_0338.jpeg

IMG_0339.jpeg

IMG_0340.jpeg

IMG_0341.jpeg

Looks like a repop...it's got the notch on the wrong side on the front

It’s not supposed to be on the distributor side like it is? I saw a low mile original survivor 1970 car with it on the same side. I was thinking the notch’s when on the drivers side were a mopar performance release from years ago. Couldn’t remember the scoop with originals or if some reproduced parts also had it on the distributor side.

Last edited:
Good eyes! Notch is correct... couple a to many Pilsners!

Auto Transport Service
Back