• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Coronet vs. 1968 Sport Satellite

jeeper

Local time
2:54 AM
Reaction score
So I have come to realize that I need to focus on one type of car. I'm primarily a 4x4 guy hence the screen name and as much as I would like to be into everything, I need to focus on one kind of car.

So ...I have a 1968 Sport Satellite that is a project, but not rotten at all, roller. Really good bones and stock as a rock. I also have a 1970 Coronet that is my final project, likely going to keep it forever so to speak. It's a family thing with strong emotions attached to it. Not ready to work on it yet.

I'm contemplating getting rid of the 68 and picking up a 1970 Coronet. That way all the parts interchange and it will be simpler with my "forever" car as I will have the same parts. If I am able to pick up a 70, it is likely to be a small block no option car. Nothing exciting.

My question is this:

In terms of collectibility, resale (at some point they all get sold) is a driver 70 Coronet in average condition worth more or less than the 68? Both are small block patina type cars.

I know 70 stuff is hard to find. More worried about consolidation and having matching parts etc. I get it that the 70 is a niche car.

I know with out pics it is hard to say, but equal condition how do they compare in terms of resale, value and interest from most mopar guys?

Your driver 70 coronet is worth less than a nice 68 Sport Satellite.

the 70 year coronet is an acquired taste, and unless it’s an R/T or Bee just won’t have the same value as a highly optioned Sport Sat.

the 70 doesn’t interest me at all

70 coronet is a love or hate thing. I love my Bee

dragweek 514.jpg

dragweek 508.jpg

Your driver 70 coronet is worth less than a nice 68 Sport Satellite.

the 70 year coronet is an acquired taste, and unless it’s an R/T or Bee just won’t have the same value as a highly optioned Sport Sat.

the 70 doesn’t interest me at all
Ok. I am somewhat aware of that. Need to proceed carefully because I have gotten away from vehicles with an acquired taste into stuff that people want. Nothing like laying on your back for a few years and then selling at a loss to get you to think about things differently.

I guess my real question is how much interest is there in the 1970 Coronet that isn't a numbers BB car or Super Bee? Sounds like not as much.

This isn't about making money at all. I would not start this if it were. This is about not totally getting upside down if I need to sell or being stuck with it if I get into a bind.

I'm pretty sure I am OK with the 68. It is a neat car but a total project.

Just looking before I leap. I appreciate your input for certain.

It depends on who is looking for what car at the time you are selling. We both live out west, and if I had a dime for every cheapass the says “if it was closer I would buy it” LOL

It depends on who is looking for what car at the time you are selling. We both live out west, and if I had a dime for every cheapass the says “if it was closer I would buy it” LOL
Yes. I ran into that big time this summer when I was getting rid of stuff. To some degree I understand time being in short supply as many are busy people and distance is a factor. But if an additional $200 is going to break you for fuel, you're in the wrong game.

I guess my real question is how much interest is there in the 1970 Coronet that isn't a numbers BB car or Super Bee? Sounds like not as much.

Just looking before I leap. I appreciate your input for certain.

This is the same question you asked the first time, and for me the answer is the same as my first answer.

not much.

I DO think you should just do what your heart desires though and not worry what others think and out value and collect ability. Who cares if one is worth 10 grand more or not after several years of enjoyment.

Btw, parts will be easier to find for the satellite too

This is the same question you asked the first time, and for me the answer is the same as my first answer.

not much.

I DO think you should just do what your heart desires though and not worry what others think and out value and collect ability. Who cares if one is worth 10 grand more or not after several years of enjoyment.

Btw, parts will be easier to find for the satellite too
I hear you. It is a passion thing and I need to make a good informed choice. Even around here I can still find 68 stuff pretty easily. I only know of one 1970 for sale anywhere close. No parts cars at all or rumors of them.

My 2 cents. Hands down the 68 Satellite is worth more because EVERYBODY wants a 68 RoadRunner at some point in there life. Can not deny that a 70 Coronet,well you love 'um or hate 'um.

Side by side the 68 or the 70 both same condition and drive train I think I would rather have the 70 just because it was more different :)

Which one would be worth more ?? Not sure I would say by very much if they both had the same quality of metal in either one

I think you need to forget about the resale value. We never get out what we put in. Sounds like you're already sold on the "Forever car" 70. Go with it.

I think you answered your own question. IF you can find a 70 Coronet to buy that is. You're going to need tidbits for your forever car and that only makes sense.
For me, I'd walk by the 70 and buy the 68 Sporty but your situation is different.

Seems like you prefer the 70 anyway (i do too) so i would go with that.

Auto Transport Service
Back